Coons or coyotes

F7A3B624-72C5-43E6-A975-A985D6B18396.jpeg
Here’s a better pic. I went out and set my trail cam up and grabbed the fur. I think it’s coon now its from the tail. If it were Fox it would be reddish and white. This is reddish and black I guess.

View attachment 1441779 Here’s a better pic. I went out and set my trail cam up and grabbed the fur. I think it’s coon now its from the tail. If it were Fox it would be reddish and white. This is reddish and black I guess.
Looks like raccoon fur to me.. some of them have very rust colored fur on the underside and tail. That looks just like the tail of the last one I killed.
Fox fur isn’t so straggley, in my limited experience. The foxes here have never bothered me though.

Last edited:
Looks like raccoon fur to me.. some of them have very rust colored fur. That looks just like the tail of the last one I killed.
Fox fur isn’t so straggley, in my limited experience. The foxes here have never bothered me though.
Yea I’ve trapped a few coon back in the day and that’s what I’m leaning towards. I’m no trapping expert by any means I just trapped a few just to do it. I don’t think it’s fox at all now that I broght it inside to look

That appears to be the tip of the tail hair to me. some skin still attached. I have trapped a lot of coons and they do have some tan/reddish with black tail tips, but not that long. more uniform rounded. coyotes with the black tipping in their fur and some on the ends of their tails could be that, still sticking with coyote/fox. let us know what shows up on the trail cam. Best of luck on getting the predator.:thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom