Corn husks?

Quote:
Uh, I wouldn't personally waste my time. There isn't much real value to a chicken in them. Chop them into the compost pile.
Now for chickens, grow greens: beet, collard, turnip, chard, etc. THats the stuff they crave.

i fed some to some cornish x rocks cause we grew a surplus, but we fed the whole cob as well it wont hurt em, but youll be surprised at how much they eat. the shucks they seem to prefer dry

We cook corn on the grill in the husks just about everyday during the summer. We throw the scraps and the uneaten cobs to the chickens; husk and all, and they pick it clean.

Thanks all. Dave I beets, collard greens and turnips growing for the chickens...well for all of us really but lots planted with the chickens in mind. They've been eating well this summer. Thanks all. Keystonepaul

Mine won't eat them either, in fact we have a feed corn feild next to us and I am allowed to take as much feed corn as I want for the hens. So I picked a few today and it wasn't quite done yet. I gave it to the girls anyhow after taking the husks off and I got yelled at something terrible! LOL They complained up a storm becasue they wanted that nice plump corn like they had LAST year
wink.png
Silly chickens! So it all got chucked into the compost pile.

Back
Top Bottom