Purple Corn vs Yellow Corn. What’s the Difference?

I planted out a raised bed with corn and it just did not do well. I think it was other environmental factors, since they didn't even get to the stage of producing cobs. The one free standing one I culled from that bed and put with my tomatoes was the only one to produce a cob. So strange, but that bed also gets less sun. The corn only bed got basically 12 hours of tropic sun and I do not think the corn variety I was trying liked that.
Could be. I just know some people plant corn in rows instead of blocks so that's why I gave that advice. Other than that, I just plant corn and go! Did yours tassle?

I am tempted to see if I can convince heirloom corn like Hopi or Glass to be grown in Hawaii. I am not expecting it to go well XD
It will probably grow fine there. It appreciates a lot of heat and light and I think it can tolerate quite a bit of rain. Maybe try some of the varieties direct from Mexico. I think they would they would do well with the day length in Hawaii.

Could be. I just know some people plant corn in rows instead of blocks so that's why I gave that advice. Other than that, I just plant corn and go! Did yours tassle?
The one that threw a cob did tassle. The corn bed only got to about 2" tall 😅
@TexasBlues, I do have some kernels of Hopi still. I will try them when I have space in my beds and update if anything happens.

Back
Top Bottom