CRAIGSLIST: Dumb stuff callers say when answering your listing

haha ok I thought of another one. I have had SEVERAL people reply to my hatching eggs ads asking how far into incubation my hatching eggs are...as if I've already been incubating them. LOL It's kinda hard to hold my tounge to tell them no, they have not been incubated - as far as I know no one sells eggs that are partially incubated!
lol.png
They wont start incubating till they either put them under a broody or pop them into the incubator.

I use Bookoo and not Craigslist, but this is a funny thread!

One of my most unforgettable moments happened not from an add but when I worked at a petstore. Hamsters were in a ten gallon tank as a cage- bedding, house - the works when this lady walked up to me and in all seriousness asked "What kinda fish dem be?"

I've never placed an add but where I work they place them looking for help and it clearly says don't call, come in from 2-4, and what we are looking for. Never fails mins after putting the add up we get calls about it, people come in before or after the hours listed when we are slammed. It's a on going joke at work that when they put a add on cl all the idiots come out and it's always true. It has nothing to do with cl but I love it when people CALL to ask what our phone number is, it is sooo hard not to laugh at them!

And to add I think we only ever hired a few from cl and they all ended up being crazy and either got fired or quit

I've never placed an add but where I work they place them looking for help and it clearly says don't call, come in from 2-4, and what we are looking for. Never fails mins after putting the add up we get calls about it, people come in before or after the hours listed when we are slammed. It's a on going joke at work that when they put a add on cl all the idiots come out and it's always true. It has nothing to do with cl but I love it when people CALL to ask what our phone number is, it is sooo hard not to laugh at them!

And to add I think we only ever hired a few from cl and they all ended up being crazy and either got fired or quit

oh my goodness. that's about as thick as it gets!
gig.gif

We have a free internet site up here on Vancouver Island.( called Used Victoria/Cowichan etc.) Not Craigs' list but same idea.
I don't have any roosters and had a very young hen who was determined to be broody. Barely a year old and broody for the second time.
So I decided to re-home her to someone who had roosters and chickens and who would let her do her thing, and made it very clear in the ad.
I got a call from a woman who said "I want to come and get your broody hen now". WHOA NELLIE !!!! A few questions from me and I discovered that she doesn't own any chickens.
So I explained clearly what my criteria was for the hen. "Oh, she says ... we have peacocks and they lay eggs sometimes. She can hatch those".
Thanks for your interest but no I'll wait for a better home.GEESH LADY!!! A local farmer that I actually know answered the ad and took her.

I wouldnt want her going to a home without other chickens either, not to mention male peacocks can be rough and amorous with hens...especially if there's no roo around to protect her. I swear some people dont even take the time to read the ad!

Back
Top Bottom