CRAIGSLIST: Dumb stuff callers say when answering your listing

I sell silkie chicks on Craig's list. I'd have to say its about 75% that it will lead to a sale.

Seller Beware!!! I get a lot of people that will call and just ask for my address or text and ask for my address. I do not give it out until i have spoken to the person and fell like they are on there way. Those who ask right away and don't ask questions about the kind of birds we have for sale - well most of the time i say something like. "Thanks for calling" and get off the phone as quick as i can. (my spidy sensors ring alarm bells)

Honestly 99.9% of the time callers will ask for adult birds to guarantee the sex of the silkie. Every one wants adult, already laying hens. So silly who doesn't want someone else to do most of the work for them. But there is people in town that raise laying hens and thats a market i let them have, way to much work.

Oh and the person taht asked me if i would take a check for $4 eggs, well they ended up becoming really good friends of mine - Funny how that works out.

haha yeah that is funny. I've actually meet a few good friends through my CL ads, good chicken-lovin' people
lol.png

I was looking for a rooster on CL to add to my flock and I laid out(what I thought) was important points about the rooster.
Ie
-no signs of aggression
-preferably under a year
-large fowl size, no bantams
-pickup nearby

This may be fairly easy guidelines but I got countless inquiries of roosters hours upstate, ones that were very old, ones that were just chicks and someone arguing with me on whether not I should take his bantams. I have up on that one and ended up just snooping around for what I was looking for and sure enough found a docile, beautiful BR rooster. :)

Wow ppl are awesome, aren't they? I'm totally noob in the chicken world (just built our coop!) and I'm hoping I don't sound as silly when I start poking around for our first ladies
smile.png
lol.png
welcome to BYC and to chickens!!
Do you have craigslist in Canada too?

we have craigslist! though i usually use usedvictoria.com (usedeverywhere.com) tho for local ads
smile.png

Welcome to BYC fellow Islander. We're in Cobble Hill and use the usedvictoria and usedcowichan too.
Rehomed a few critters through them and found some chickens in there too.
Still get some very interesting responses through them too.
People say some pretty peculiar things.

Back
Top Bottom