Cream Legbars

I weighed all my CL's today,
My only hen is 3.7 lbs.
One Cockerel is 3.14 lbs @ 22 weeks
another cockerel is 3.2 lbs @ 20 weeks and 4 days
One pullet is 3.9 lbs @ 22 weeks
The other pullet is 3lbs @ 20 weeks and 4 days

I am happy with these weights so far. I will be doing weekly weights to keep track of their progress for he larger and fast growth with laying eggs as well.

I weighed all my CL's today,
My only hen is 3.7 lbs.
One Cockerel is 3.14 lbs @ 22 weeks
another cockerel is 3.2 lbs @ 20 weeks and 4 days
One pullet is 3.9 lbs @ 22 weeks
The other pullet is 3lbs @ 20 weeks and 4 days

I am happy with these weights so far. I will be doing weekly weights to keep track of their progress for he larger and fast growth with laying eggs as well.
Hi Heidi,

on the Cream Legbar Club website - there is a form to start your tracking the weights if you want to help the Club as we develop a knowledge base and also track our future larger chickens. This would be good for your 4H kids too when the time comes. You can follow the form until you find that blank that fits their ages...and start to fill in there. After innitial entry I will give you the "permissions" to enter directly to the spreadsheet version.

It tracks weekly weight just about to POL (actually 6-months old), then it switches to monthly weights then it eventually goes to semi-Yearly - up to I think 3-years old. Just FYI

And here is the link.
http://www.creamlegbarclub.com/13-chick-weight-track-entry-form

I am so excited, one of my pullets laid her first egg today!!!!!
wee.gif

On the OAC it is oac123

Hi guys, what's a good accurate scale to use to weigh our birds -and how to go about doing it w/ least commotion?

I just weighed myself without holding a chicken then weighed myself holding the chicken and subtracted the difference. Not 100% accurate, but easier than trying to get a chicken to stand on a sale until I got a weight. Using the lamb/kid sling and hanging scale was a comedy of errors and not worth doing again!

Hi guys, what's a good accurate scale to use to weigh our birds -and how to go about doing it w/ least commotion?

I use an Oxo kitchen scale that reads up to 5 kg/11 lb. It does grams for the little ones and then I go with pounds for the adults. Just weighed my EE Eva this morning--she is in 'hospital' aka the sunroom for treatment of a prolapsed cloaca:

Not sure how well it would work if the chickens are not used to being handled-Eva is not a snuggly girl and hard to catch but compliant once I catch her. Probably a typical hen. My experience is that they are so freaked out by bringing them inside that they just stand there for a minute or two while you get the reading. 4 lb 13 3/4 oz I added the plastic plate cuz its a grip-ier surface.

Works great on chicks, too, but using grams for better accuracy:

eta: When I want weights on outside pullets, I wait until dusk and pull them one by one off their roosts and put them on the scale.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom