Cream Legbars

Knock on wood- this is a boy I marked to grow out for myself. Green band girl's son if I recall correctly. I am a little surprised to see the gold streaks in his wing triangle because there is no doubt in my mind that mom and dad are both double cream. Hm maybe something else is going on here besides the cream gene.

Dad:

Mom:

I'm thinking of creating a tri-fold brochure about the CL to hand out at shows and to customers. With the new Rees line birds being released at $129 a piece I anticipate another spurt of make a quick buck breeders breeding every CL looking bird they can for top dollar, including barred rocks and silver leghorns.

I'm planning to have photos showing a gold cock and hen along with the gold cock's wing as a "tell" for gold birds. I'll also add chick pictures too. The SOP will go in there with a little bit of the history. Can I borrow some of the stuff from the Club site and handbook? Do we have a club membership form to tuck inside or should I just have a link to the website? Anything else I should add?

Thanks!
Since you are a full member - you should have access to all the Club material. There is a tri-fold brochure from last year BTW...it is in MicroSoft Publisher. -- Please make your tri-fold available to others - by putting it in the Club house....besides that I would love to see it -- it is great to get more good information out and about concerning the CL breed!

th.gif
ep.gif

What are you feeding them???
Feeding them the 'ManaPro' Chick Starter - Medicated - 18% protein for muscle development and Weight Gain (I'll say)!!

It is my belief that Amprolium is not helpful to chicks past around 8 weeks -- once the 8-week mark is passed, and that particular sack is gone....I quit using Starter, so now they are switched to Purina Flock Raiser 20% protein...and the transition was seamless.

Rinda, I see glimpses of more of a mahogany in the bay. Is it more gold in real life? I think that cream birds with excess red have it show up as dark red/mahogany in the wing bay. The golden birds seem to have gold and a brighter reddish orange/bay color mixed in there. But perhaps it is something else entirely lol.

So sorry for your losses...:hugs

I got my entry form for the Lowcountry Classic today! Mark is taking phone entries between 6 and 9 PM through Monday night if you want to enter the show on the 15th!

I, too, would appreciate access to booth materials and handouts. I have been pushing NPIP here in Virginia pretty hard and folks are moving toward that which is good for everyone. I have also gotten a few out of Staters seeking export permission to Virginia.

Tomorrow, I will travel to central Virginia to meet up with a mentor to learn and practice caponizing. This is another alternative for those excess roos that do not fit into the breeding programs. I was pretty fortunate this week a Craigs List posting resulted in the sale a gold/cream rooster, two gold pullets, and 5 hatching eggs.

Last edited:
Since you are a full member - you should have access to all the Club material. There is a tri-fold brochure from last year BTW...it is in MicroSoft Publisher. -- Please make your tri-fold available to others - by putting it in the Club house....besides that I would love to see it -- it is great to get more good information out and about concerning the CL breed!

Ah, the ClubHouse. I guess that's the problem...I haven't accessed that. I'm sure there is a link somewhere in my past emails but could you post it here or send in a PM so I don't have to go hunting it down?

Thanks!

I really wish I could clone myself or invent the 48 hour day. There just never seems to be enough time to get everything I want to do, done. Sigh...

Back
Top Bottom