Cream Legbars

How many chicks did you hatch? Did any other chicks have curled toes?
I hatched out over 500 chicks and I think I have found 4 with crooked toes.

As for male female ratio ... mine was pretty much a 50/50 this year maybe a little higher on female side but not much. Last year my first year of hatching I had 12 hatch with 10 males and 2 females. The old timers used to think that if you hatch early you would get more of one than the other. Can't remember which it was but I have never found much truth in it.

He is a very nice looking male. He has many strong points for someone looking for a CL cockerel to work with. If he were mine I think I would list him between $20-25 you may get talked down so the 25 leaves some wiggle room. Good luck finding him a home.

Last edited:
He is a very nice looking male. He has many strong points for someone looking for a CL cockerel to work with. If he were mine I think I would list him between $20-25 you may get talked down so the 25 leaves some wiggle room. Good luck finding him a home.

It looks decent, but no crest.

It looks decent, but no crest.

Hmm Maybe its just me, my eyes aren't the best lol but I thought I noticed very small cresting feathers on the male posted above.

My male has a small crest also and still produced nice crested pullet chicks.

@DevieLou do you have any more pics of your male, and maybe a head shot from both sides?

Hmm Maybe its just me, my eyes aren't the best lol but I thought I noticed very small cresting feathers on the male posted above.

My male has a small crest also and still produced nice crested pullet chicks.

@DevieLou do you have any more pics of your male, and maybe a head shot from both sides?
X2 I think both are nice roosters and see very trim crests. (which may account for their very nice combs!)

This is my legbar pullet, Nugget. She's 18 weeks now so I'm anxiously awaiting pretty blue eggs. These photographs were only taken about 10 days apart. Her wattle and comb seemed to come in almost overnight. She has quite a bit of gold around her face, which I understand is considered undesirable, but I think it's pretty. I actually don't care for the super-bland cream that everyone is shooting for. She's not going to be bred anyway.

I expect that she'll be laying within the next 4 weeks or so. Did everyone else's legbars start laying around 22 weeks, or am I jumping the gun?

Back
Top Bottom