Cream Legbars

I have some sad news. My crazy character, Paula, died yesterday. I opened her up, and she was full of tumors classic for either Mareks (more likely) or Avian Leukosis virus (also a possibility). I'm sending tissue for testing. Of my recent hatch, I got 5 girls and 1 boy from her. ALL is retransmitted via the egg, and Mareks is not, so I sort of need to know...

RIP sweet crazy big mouth Paula:

- Ant Farm

Sorry for your loss, thanks for your stories.

@Fire Ant Farm
I 'm sorry for the loss of Paula. She obviously was a character. I'm sure she has probably passed some of that quirkiness to one of her chicks. For your sake hopefully not ALL of them .So what are the new ones names? They are adorable.

Sorry for your loss, thanks for your stories.

@Fire Ant Farm
I 'm sorry for the loss of Paula. She obviously was a character. I'm sure she has probably passed some of that quirkiness to one of her chicks. For your sake hopefully not ALL of them .So what are the new ones names? They are adorable.
Thanks so much, guys.

I'm trying not to name anyone yet. Naming leads to more attachment. No way I can keep 13 CL chicks (especially 6 boys)...
hmm.png

Also, they sort of act in a little herd, so with the exception of one little boy who like to look at me with a heart melting looks, it's hard to tell them apart. They are super adorable, though.
love.gif

- Ant Farm

Thanks so much, guys.

I'm trying not to name anyone yet. Naming leads to more attachment. No way I can keep 13 CL chicks (especially 6 boys)...
hmm.png

Also, they sort of act in a little herd, so with the exception of one little boy who like to look at me with a heart melting looks, it's hard to tell them apart. They are super adorable, though.
love.gif

- Ant Farm
Congrats on the new babies!

My first CL eggs! I can't believe it..... seems like I have been waiting forever. Very pleased with them.

The top two are my Araucana eggs, the bottom two are CLs! I like the color.

Last edited:
My first CL eggs! I can't believe it..... seems like I have been waiting forever. Very pleased with them.

The top two are my Araucana eggs, the bottom two are CLs! I like the color.

Those are nice and saturated looking!

I have some Lavender Ameraucanas coming in April (added them onto an order of another breed because the breeder has a shipped chick minimum). It'll be interesting to see the differences in their eggs...

- Ant Farm

I have some Lavender Ameraucanas coming in April (added them onto an order of another breed because the breeder has a shipped chick minimum). It'll be interesting to see the differences in their eggs...

- Ant Farm
My Araucana's eggs used to be bluer or so it seemed to me. I lost a couple of Ameraucanas last month. The three I have left each lay a different shade of blue or blue green. My lavender lays the bluest, my blue lays a lighter blue and my black lays a greenish blue egg. I love my little Ameraucanas...... that's the trouble...... I never met a chicken I didn't like!
sad.png

- Ant Farm

I'll be interested to see what your experience is. My CL lay a bluer egg than my Lav. Am. but my Wheaten Ameraucana was the best blue ever.

Back
Top Bottom