Crochet "Chat"

Quote:
good looking stuff!!!
big_smile.png

I use the thin ones..what kind of advice are you looking for?

my biggest problem is that the hook is so small it doesn't seem to grip the thread properly to pull it through. and it doesn't help that the thread is sort of glossy and therefore slippery. I already made sure that I'm using the right sized hook for the right sized thread. do you have any tricks to fix the problem?

Quote:
Not really, sorry! The only thing I can say is that you have to keep the thread pulled taught )but not tight) close to the needle. That's the way that I combat it, but the crochet thread is just plain harder to work with because its so darn small. You will get used to it though. Work with it exclusively for a while and that will help. Then when you go back to the larger needle and thread you will feel like you are working with a tree branch and rope
lol.png

Quote:
Not really, sorry! The only thing I can say is that you have to keep the thread pulled taught )but not tight) close to the needle. That's the way that I combat it, but the crochet thread is just plain harder to work with because its so darn small. You will get used to it though. Work with it exclusively for a while and that will help. Then when you go back to the larger needle and thread you will feel like you are working with a tree branch and rope
lol.png

Oh that's a funny mental picture!
lol.png

I was just checking my email and got one from hobbylobby.com. If you spend 25$ ya get free shipping. Just wanted to share that for all the people that shop at that store anyway. The closest store is over 45 mins. away so I love offers like this!

Quote:
lol.png

I agree, threadwork takes practice. Just don't do a large tablecloth as your first thread project.... took 4 years, but my mom did eventually get it for mother's day.

Arabookworm ~ Very pretty work.
thumbsup.gif
Your pics look great!!!! Thanks so much for sharing. I haven't attempted cute little baby booties yet.

Queenscoot~ beautiful work, as is everything I've ever seen you post. Love the crochet chick doll. Your DD Dallas is adorable. My DD just turned 16 yrs old this past Sept also.

We have a winter storm heading our way tonight. I may need to head up to hobby lobby and stock up on crochet supplies so I can work on all my unfinished projects if I'm snowed in for the day. I still can't find some of my hooks. My stuff is all over the house in containers, plastic bags in baskets, crochet tote bags, etc, etc...

Hope everyone stays warm and has a great day!
Kim

Last edited:
Parson's Wife :

arabookworm those are great! well done!

I've been working like mad (learning as I go) on hats for my daughter and neices....fixing to tackle an earflap style hat for my son ....
smile.png

we shall see!
=
smile.png

I can tell you I that I LOVE crocheting! It is relaxing and has been a blessing...really in disguise! ~
smile.png

Good for you!!!! I LOVE to crochet to, but didn't have any time for it last year until recently. I really missed it. My best friend has been crocheting my family hats and scarves for gifts for years and we always love to receive her beautiful work. They are my most favorite ones to use all winter. I hope to learn how to crochet hats this winter, so I can give as gifts to share the joy as well. I have to finish some unfinished projects first.​

Quote:
lol.png

Oh that's a funny mental picture!
lol.png

hee hee
tongue.png

Quote:
lol.png

I agree, threadwork takes practice. Just don't do a large tablecloth as your first thread project.... took 4 years, but my mom did eventually get it for mother's day.

yuckyuck.gif

Have I ever told you about my 10 year long cross stitch Christmas stocking project?
lol.png
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom