Crossbreeding/Backcrossing of Green Junglefowl With Domestic Chicken and Successive Offspring

Beautiful birds!
So interesting, thank you for sharing.

Found pics of some more handsome Roos, their colors are truly a rainbow work of art. ❤️ 4 jungle fowl.jpeg

So I raised Cornish X's for the first time and I'm amazed at how unintelligent they are. I literally had 6 die over several weeks because they couldn't be bothered to walk 3 feet. My thought process is that there has to be a better way to get a fast growing chicken that won't die from stupidity, which lead me here. Has anyone breed a Cornish to the jungle fowl to get a chicken that has some wildness and therefore some self sufficiency bred back in? I'm not concerned about the colors or crow. But I am interested in fertility and growth habits. Do you have any insight?

I would say your best bet it's not with a Jungle Fowl, but with an Asil Type of fowl, they are very intelligent and fend for themselves. The only draw back is that they are very pugnacious

This is my Rustic Asil cockerel at nearly 6 month of age, 6 pounds

1649342017488.png

Absolutely Impressive and Outstanding birds. Thanks for sharing
Thanks! I’m pretty happy with them (still working to try to eliminate the red from the males) but I can’t help but wonder how they’d look with a little Green DNA. The original inspiration was trying to make a fertile chicken that looked like a Black Bekisar (Bekicem). I have some nice solid black roosters but the best magenta-purple is still on the roosters with red on them. Hopefully this generation I’m working on will solve that problem.

I would say your best bet it's not with a Jungle Fowl, but with an Asil Type of fowl, they are very intelligent and fend for themselves. The only draw back is that they are very pugnacious

This is my Rustic Asil cockerel at nearly 6 month of age, 6 pounds

View attachment 3053065
Wow, when I look at him, the 1st word that comes to mind...Power! This dude may be poultry, but he is thinking Eagle.

Wow, when I look at him, the 1st word that comes to mind...Power! This dude may be poultry, but he is thinking Eagle.
I've been raising Chickens for the past 30 years or so. This is the first time I raise Asils/Aseels and they are something entirely different than Poultry. Not your every day chickens

I've been raising Chickens for the past 30 years or so. This is the first time I raise Asils/Aseels and they are something entirely different than Poultry. Not your every day chickens

That Dude commands respect, just in his posture. I would imagine one peck or swift kick from that leg would get anyone's attention Lol

I just read up on them, interesting that they tend to like people. That's a plus. Are you going to show him? He has such regal pose, I think he'd show well. 😊

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom