the Blackest Ones: on exploring the significance of Cemani mutations

green jungle are the single wattle down the throat and red have double wattle or do wattle and comb vary between red and green JF? can red jungle fowl also get the strait yet rounded comb or will they always have the SPIKED COMB green jungle have rounded strait comb no spikes, right?

green jungle are the single wattle down the throat and red have double wattle or do wattle and comb vary between red and green JF? can red jungle fowl also get the strait yet rounded comb or will they always have the SPIKED COMB  green jungle have rounded strait comb no spikes, right?
green has the rounded single comb and wattle down the throat...their comb is consider a blade comb instead of single ;)..red has the spiked comb like that of the commin leghorns and double wattles. Gjf has different feather shapes(rounded and not pointed) and doesn't molt yearly, though feathers will occasionally fall out and be replace. Red have pointy feathers, molts into eclipse phase after breefing season and combs+wattles shrinks during this time as well...there are are other differences...but these are just some if them :)

Artblueeggerwanter, Here are the pics of the different comb types of indo AC

cigarette comb...lol..just kidding, they just put one there where a hole was at

Artblueeggerwanter, Here are the pics of the different comb types of indo AC

cigarette comb...lol..just kidding, they just put one there where a hole was at

that is so diverse, thank you for that. I have to say I prefer the smaller comb walnut probably being the biggest for my taste. is that a ciggerette between the double comb of that bird?LOL

Here is an update on my Araucana/Cemani crosses. Double tufted and rumpless on this one. This chick is by far, the blackest and the nicest I've hatched. This is an F1 so the amount of fibro makes me very happy. If a pullet, I would expect a blue egg with possibly a hint of green. My Cemani eggs a cream color so not a lot of the brown egg gene to green up the blue egg gene and the blue egg gene is tied in with the pea comb in these crosses. There is some dark in the mouth but for a first cross....very workable.

Here is an update on my Araucana/Cemani crosses. Double tufted and rumpless on this one. This chick is by far, the blackest and the nicest I've hatched. This is an F1 so the amount of fibro makes me very happy. If a pullet, I would expect a blue egg with possibly a hint of green. My Cemani eggs a cream color so not a lot of the brown egg gene to green up the blue egg gene and the blue egg gene is tied in with the pea comb in these crosses. There is some dark in the mouth but for a first cross....very workable.
that is a nice bird

Back
Top Bottom