the Blackest Ones: on exploring the significance of Cemani mutations

Hi all,
I'm new here. Here's some pics of some of my Ayam Cemani from Greenfire Farms Line.

I bred allot and culled hard and kept only the best of the best and repeated. That's what I have been doing and I'm getting some great results with this strategy.
I also am offering some of my Cemani eggs and chicks for sale here.
Please let me know your thoughts.
Thank you

Last edited:
Hi all,
I'm new here. Here's some pics of some of my Ayam Cemani from Greenfire Farms Line.

I bred allot and culled hard and kept only the best of the best and repeated. That's what I have been doing and I'm getting some great results with this strategy.
I also am offering some of my Cemani eggs and chicks for sale here.
Please let me know your thoughts.
Thank you

This is a fascinating thread! Just finished reading thru it & feel I need to read it again. Thank you to everyone who has contributed here!!!

Is anyone in the US working on full cemanis with smaller combs? I'm interested if ur out there. My AC roo lost his comb points to frostbite this year. :( I'd like to replace him with a smaller combed bird and work those genetics into my flock. Thank you in advance for any leads.

Another question:
We see referenced that the dark skinned/dark boned birds are coveted for their medicinal qualities. What medicinal qualities are they believed to have? Is it like a lowers blood pressure and cholesterol levels medicine or like an emphasizes intuitive powers and ability to see the future medicine? Respectfully curious.

Hi all :)
Can someone give me any idea what kind of breed this can be ?
As per Ayam cemani standard is disqualified from this breed even they have black bones, skin etc etc.
They have some colorful pattern on the feathers - special one of the roosters... It's beautiful but I would prefer him to be full black.
I have two roosters like that and one hen which have some little bit of different colors of feathers on her neck.

As per Ayam cemani standard is disqualified from this breed even they have black bones, skin etc etc.
They have some colorful pattern on the feathers - special one of the roosters... It's beautiful but I would prefer him to be full black.
I have two roosters like that and one hen which have some little bit of different colors of feathers on her neck.

Many thanks for explanation (Y)
I know that they are not Ayam Cemani... I will breed them anyway :)
And maybe I will try to cross one of my roosters with some eggs layers :D Or maybe some Thai Chicken (Gai Ban) ;)

Many thanks for explanation (Y)
I know that they are not Ayam Cemani... I will breed them anyway :)
And maybe I will try to cross one of my roosters with some eggs layers :D Or maybe some Thai Chicken (Gai Ban) ;) 
that's a great idea....the thai gamefowl will add size and the layer for egg production....so adding both would be a great idea and way to go

If you don't mind me asking, where are you from? In different parts of Asia, they call the Hmong fowls differently.

Last edited:

Jungle fowl or American game?

that's a great idea....the thai gamefowl will add size and the layer for egg production....so adding both would be a great idea and way to go

If you don't mind me asking, where are you from? In different parts of Asia, they call the Hmong fowls differently.
I'm from Poland... but I guess you asking where I live :)
I live in Thailand do when you happen to be on holiday one day you are more then welcome to visit me on my small farm ;)
I think they call them here Mongol chicken :D I don't know why but I saw some Thai chicken keepers calling similar roosters like that - but theirs have usually red ish comb.

Back
Top Bottom