Crossing my fingers..!

ChicksterJo

Songster
8 Years
Feb 19, 2011
Grounded on Earth
I consider myself partially employed. I work for the city right next to ours, and it is not a glamorous or high-paying job. I take what I can get, given the unemployment rate, but I work maximum 20 hours per week, with most weeks being only 10 hours.
I graduated from a private university in the midwest, and now I have a bunch of loans to pay off. Which means I need a better job than a less than part-time one that pays just a dollar and half over minimum wage.
With that said, I've applied to a couple of jobs in my school and one of those jobs is just perfect!! It is exactly what I'm doing now (which is working in special events) and I like my job, it is "fulfilling" in a way, but I'm not paid nearly enough. The job at my alma mater pays well, has awesome benefits, is located in a "foodie" city (Chicago) and - did I mention - has AWESOME benefits?! At 22 years old I have to think about these things. I want to move out of my parents' house (even though rent is free) so I can have independence and live on my own. I want to save money to pay off loans, get married to my boyfriend, etc. and this job would help me so much.
My application is still 'in process' (and the job listing was taken down a few days after I submitted my application). No negative responses yet - so I am hoping for the positive responses. This means I may have to move back to Illinois, which is something I really didn't want to do - but I will for this job. And I will take my chickens with me.
fl.gif
Please send me positive vibes!!

Back
Top Bottom