Crow stealing eggs!

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I'm fighting ravens and it's just a matter of time till they find the eggs. Earlier someone had a Kung Fu turkey that was effective, have your turkeys ever gotten tangled up with a crow? Maybe that would help Agnes?

You're welcome.

About the Kung Fu turkey, I think that was my post where I talked about my turkeys unless someone else out there also has a Kung Fu turkey
gig.gif

My female turkeys are ruthless. They will rip the head off of a bear. They DO NOT play. They will attack anything that is causing disruption to the yard and stealing eggs is at the top of the list. I have seen them fight roosters and have the roosters run away in the corner with his tail between his legs.

Take a look below at actual footage:
gig.gif

Turkey hen preparing for Set Up of the infamous Karate Kid Kick:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/6612_turkey_and_rooster.jpg

This is the ACTUAL Infamous Kun Fu Karate Kid Kick performed by the Turkey Hen on my VERY LARGE rooster. Kids, please don't try this at home.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/6612_turkey_and_hen_sparring.jpg

This is another reason that I don't have trouble with the crows anymore. They won't stand a chance against my female turkeys.
big_smile.png

lau.gif
Maybe I need one of these turkeys instead of a LGD! That is too funny!

Quote:
You're welcome.

About the Kung Fu turkey, I think that was my post where I talked about my turkeys unless someone else out there also has a Kung Fu turkey
gig.gif

My female turkeys are ruthless. They will rip the head off of a bear. They DO NOT play. They will attack anything that is causing disruption to the yard and stealing eggs is at the top of the list. I have seen them fight roosters and have the roosters run away in the corner with his tail between his legs.

Take a look below at actual footage:
gig.gif

Turkey hen preparing for Set Up of the infamous Karate Kid Kick:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/6612_turkey_and_rooster.jpg

This is the ACTUAL Infamous Kun Fu Karate Kid Kick performed by the Turkey Hen on my VERY LARGE rooster. Kids, please don't try this at home.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/6612_turkey_and_hen_sparring.jpg

This is another reason that I don't have trouble with the crows anymore. They won't stand a chance against my female turkeys.
big_smile.png

lau.gif

I'm even scared of them. They run in pack. ALL of them were after another rooster on yesterday. I drove up from work and they were running this poor rooster all around the chicken yard but he was putting up a good fight. I don't know whey they don't like this rooster. I may have to separate this rooster before they kill him. I got to give it to them, they do stick together. It's ALL of them or NONE of them.

Quote:
lau.gif

I'm even scared of them. They run in pack. ALL of them were after another rooster on yesterday. I drove up from work and they were running this poor rooster all around the chicken yard but he was putting up a good fight. I don't know whey they don't like this rooster. I may have to separate this rooster before they kill him. I got to give it to them, they do stick together. It's ALL of them or NONE of them.

Wow, do they ever go after people? Maybe that's not so funny........

Quote:

No, they never attack people. Just roosters, crows and a few of the other roosters and drakes who are caught breeding. They will break up a breeding party with no hesitation.

Quote:

No, they never attack people. Just roosters, crows and a few of the other roosters and drakes who are caught breeding. They will break up a breeding party with no hesitation.

gig.gif
I have thought about raising a couple of turkeys next year. I'm still getting used to managing my small flock. They sound like a hoot! Thanks for sharing.

Quote:

gig.gif
I have thought about raising a couple of turkeys next year. I'm still getting used to managing my small flock. They sound like a hoot! Thanks for sharing.

You're welcome. Let me know if you get any turkeys.
thumbsup.gif

I had 3 Narragansett tom turkeys. One day, I was under the truck looking at the exhaust. They decided they could take me. They would all go after me together. I had to carry a stick. They also would grab my rooster and my hens on the nesting boxes, and hang on like a bull dog. I didn't think that was very funny. There would be blood running down from the combs.

No more turkeys for me!

Quote:
hide.gif
I'm so sorry, but when I read this I giggled. I'm in an office and I can't even share. Surely my co-workers will think I'm crazy.
gig.gif
I just get this picture of these turkey's....surrounding you. It sounds like a cartoon. Maybe it's my mood today, but I can't get the image out of my mind. THANK YOU for bringing a smile.
frow.gif

Arrrrgh! I was afraid of this but should have known - it's only March and the crows are back and stealing my first duck eggs of the season. My ducks are on a big, open pond area, fenced all around. The fencing keeps other predators out - but of course not the crows. They get there at dawn, before I can get out and collect the eggs. Curse you, crows!!!

Arrrrgh! I was afraid of this but should have known - it's only March and the crows are back and stealing my first duck eggs of the season. My ducks are on a big, open pond area, fenced all around. The fencing keeps other predators out - but of course not the crows. They get there at dawn, before I can get out and collect the eggs. Curse you, crows!!!

I hate those little creatures. The last crow visit was June 2013. This is what it looked like. After my turkeys chased it off, it hasn't returned. We'll see if any come back again this year.

Sourland posted this on a link about crows: One dead crow or even a crow effigy left out in the open and they will leave in a heartbeat. They are smart creature.

Someone posted this PBS link about crows. I didn't realize how smart they are. :rolleyes:
http://video.pbs.org/video/1621910826/

Back
Top Bottom