CS16 -- The Official Michigan Chicken Stock Information Thread for June 11, 2016

My.mother and I will be attending. Brining Sebastopol goslings, a dish to pass..probable a salad something...maybe a jello cake..and setting for raffle table.

Sorry about the double post :(

I have recently fell in love with Sebastopols! How old are yours? Any way of sexing?

I would love to come. Will see if I can talk my husband into making the trip with me. This sounds like so much fun!

Last edited:
Is anyone bring some Black, or Blue Copper, or Cukoo Marans pullets? @Wynette ? We are looking for extra dark egg layers.

I'm way, WAY behind in hatching this year - haven't even hatched off what I need for myself yet, so I won't have anything this year. Very sorry! (If you'd like to meet up late summer, shoot me a PM - I should have some stock later.)

I'm way, WAY behind in hatching this year - haven't even hatched off what I need for myself yet, so I won't have anything this year. Very sorry! (If you'd like to meet up late summer, shoot me a PM - I should have some stock later.)

I am at three years and counting for her blues :) Maybe some day LOL!

I also have a blue BC Marans/ splash lace red Wyandotte cross chick, and three or four Chantecler/ Speckled Sussex cross chicks. Very cute, big, will be nice birds. Also week- old Marans/ EE cross chicks, will be olive eggers. More to come! Mary

I'm going to bring along a silkie roo in case someone is looking for one. He he black with silver/grey neck feathers. He is a pretty bird and good with the hens. I'd keep him but I have that jerk neighbor to contend with.

Also does anyone have quail? I'm asking for a friend who can't make it. She is looking for Coturnix for her son's 4-H.

CHICKENSTOCK 2016 UPDATE

Folly's Place (Mary) persistently contacted the MSU Extension office to invite a speaker to our event.

Darrin Karcher, MSU Poultry faculty is coming to speak to our group and will begin the presentation promptly at 11am.

I sure hope we can encourage a nice turnout for his presentation
celebrate.gif
!!!

I have the box with the raffle jar, tickets, name tags and some other stuff. There is a bag of cups and a box of plastic ware. We need to replace some of these items as they get used up. Please consider donating if you can.

Also remember that the pavilion is rented. We have a donation jar to raise the money to cover the cost of the park rental and cover some of the cost of the food and sundry items.

Please contribute to the success of this on-going event. Your greatest contribution is your attendance.

I'm going to bring along a silkie roo in case someone is looking for one. He he black with silver/grey neck feathers. He is a pretty bird and good with the hens. I'd keep him but I have that jerk neighbor to contend with.

Also does anyone have quail? I'm asking for a friend who can't make it. She is looking for Coturnix for her son's 4-H.
Only Tennessee Red or Jumbo Wisconsin Bob White quail hatching eggs I found close by if she would like to hatch, or is she looking for an older bird?

Back
Top Bottom