CSU - Chicken State University- Large Fowl SOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Hamburgs came from Jim LaGendre of OR. Wonderful guy and I've been pleased with his birds. What I see his birds are the Spangles are not "smutty" or smeared looking on tails. That was a difficult trait to breed out. He did talk about one of the Canadian import he had, and only had them a short time, and was not pleased with them.

Walt,
Every bantam ss hamburg I've seen so far has a spike that follows their head. Is that something they just prefer or can they not get it to angle upward?

Who has the best strain of Silver Spangled Hamburg large fowl. Is it Paul Hardies old line?

Some folks are trying to get his old birds or old line.

He still has a few but its a mystery what he's doing with his spare birds. Don't think he can ship chicks anymore.

Has anyone got chicks from him in the past?

Who has the best strain of Silver Spangled Hamburg large fowl. Is it Paul Hardies old line?

Some folks are trying to get his old birds or old line.

He still has a few but its a mystery what he's doing with his spare birds. Don't think he can ship chicks anymore.

Has anyone got chicks from him in the past?
A judge near me had gotten some chicks from him a few years ago, he said they were still some of the best out there just really flighty. I called him this spring, and there was a lady that answered but she said he wasn't hatching at the time so he couldn't sell any chicks.

All my birds are his line. I got some from clay mills that he got from paul years ago and I've gotten some from paul himself. He still has his hamburgs and dark brown leghorns. His age keeps him from doing much hatching.

Walt,
Every bantam ss hamburg I've seen so far has a spike that follows their head. Is that something they just prefer or can they not get it to angle upward?

the spike should be the same as the large fowl. It should not follow the head. I haven't seen that in the bantams I have seen.

W

Excellent take good care of them. I hope he shared his secret's on how to breed them to someone. He is getting very old and will be slowing down and that is normal. He sure had a great legacy with these birds. I hope and pray the go on for many years. bob

Edit;

I did it again I killed the tread.
someone post to take the voodoo curse off.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom