CSU - Chicken State University- Large Fowl SOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a pullet from another line that I got as a chick the end of last October. She is one of the nicer ones, for the most part they have badly pinched tails. All of their legs were white upon arrival and by about 2 mos. I was starting to see yellow and now they are all a nice yellow but lighter than my original stock. She is showing a bowl shape with a lot of filling out left to do I believe and I think her colour and wing carriage are pretty good.

This is either a full or 1/2 brother to pullet above, part of the same batch of chicks hatched end of Oct from another breeder. I think he will fill out a lot, he looks like a tall, lanky teenager right now, shallow in the chest but fairly wide across the back. Wing looks split but I do not believe it to be, I am also posting pics of his wing spread out. I am hoping that is a feather that will fall out, the rest of the wing is held up fairly nice and tight. Legs are not as yellow as I would like but better than the white he had when younger. Nice spread tail and decent colouring. Really like his comb.

I am really hoping that Kathyinmo will post some pics of her Delawares. They are breathtaking.

I am really hoping that Kathyinmo will post some pics of her Delawares. They are breathtaking.
X 2 .... they are the some of the nicest I've seen
thumbsup.gif

This is either a full or 1/2 brother to pullet above, part of the same batch of chicks hatched end of Oct from another breeder. I think he will fill out a lot, he looks like a tall, lanky teenager right now, shallow in the chest but fairly wide across the back. Wing looks split but I do not believe it to be, I am also posting pics of his wing spread out. I am hoping that is a feather that will fall out, the rest of the wing is held up fairly nice and tight. Legs are not as yellow as I would like but better than the white he had when younger. Nice spread tail and decent colouring. Really like his comb.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but that does not look like split wing to me, but ore like he's growing in a new set?

When it comes to Delawares Kathy from Mo is the super star in my book. She got some good Barred Rocks and New Hampshire's and crossed them and in three generations has some very nice colored birds not washed out. This is a tough breed to raise to get color. That is why they faded out. You got to be very knowledgeable about this color pattern and many just give up after a few years. They get caught up in the hipe, history and all this stuff plus the pretty color paintings of them like so many breeds. With the cross vigor should be good for 20 years.

I will try to dig up some pictures I have saved in my computer and post for you.

Hopefully, she will respond to this thread. She is a very good chicken person and will drive all day and night to locate good birds. bob

Oh, thank you very much!
I do have some Delawares! I don't really have any great pictures right now though. It is muddy and wet out now, but maybe I can get some pictures in a day or so. I have some pictures, though not really critique quality, HERE. I will work on getting some good photos.

The video showed the vigor from the out cross and they have good type and color for such a young project. They look true to the breed and do not have washed out color like some I saw earlyer which is no fault of anyone other than the breed was just worn down from lack of breeding skills. The question is if we went to Kathys place with our pick up and five boxes what two males would we buy and what three females would we buy and will they chicks come out with the same color?

Now that she is on her f4 year how do you mate them?

I hope others have her strain so you can share with others down the road who want them..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom