CSU - Chicken State University- Large Fowl SOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beautiful birds. I'm not a breeder of Orpingtons or Australorps, but have a novice observation. Looking at the artwork in the APA SOP, the tails on these pullets look more Orpington than Australorp. Maybe it's their youth or the Aussie standard. ?
The Australian standard does differ from the APS. The tail in Australia is meant to be 'full and compact'.
If you think my birds are impressive wait until you see the father and the Aunt to my two pullets. Now they are a sight. If you want to see them just PM and I will send you a link to another forum with the pics on it. (Not allowed to post links to other forums on byc) They are amazing. I have seen them in real life and they are stunning.

The ABA is working on that for their Centennial Anniversary Standard.
I try not to pay attention to the illustrations, a lot are artist renditions that are poorly portrayed(in my opinion). I would much rather prefer if they collected photographs of exceptional birds to place in the Standard.

I try not to pay attention to the illustrations, a lot are artist renditions that are poorly portrayed(in my opinion). I would much rather prefer if they collected photographs of exceptional birds to place in the Standard.

The profiles are accurate depictions of the outline and wing and tail placements. that is pretty hard to get in photo's.

Walt

Here is a link to the Australian Australorp Standard http://www.australorps.com/4.html
Our Standards has an Australorp on the front cover
wee.gif

Last edited:
Here is a link to the Australian Australorp Standard http://www.australorps.com/4.html
Our Standards has an Australorp on the front cover
wee.gif

thanks for sharing aussie standard..one thing i learned from a breeder long time ago is the judges in australia do not want to feel grissle when they handle the birds more common,even expected in blk orp...it is mainly in thigh area..it is considered bad for egg laying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom