CSU - Chicken State University- Large Fowl SOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moving on with the English Class.

Cornish Chicken

The Cornish, first known as the Indian Game chicken,

was developed around 1820

by Sir Walter Raleigh Gilbert of England.

General Gilbert claimed to have produced the breed from a cross

of Red Aseel

over a Black Breasted Red Game of the Lord Derby type.

Last edited:
Moving on with the English Class.

Cornish Chicken

The Cornish, first known as the Indian Game chicken,

was developed around 1820

by Sir Walter Raleigh Gilbert of England.

General Gilbert claimed to have produced the breed from a cross

of Red Aseel

over a Black Breasted Red Game of the Lord Derby type.

These are the only large fowl pics of Cornish I have. lots of bantam pictures though. The tail should not be hanging down like the picture in the middle....not sure why it did that in this picture. Teh shape of his body is very good.

Walt

Watch out for your chicks and broodies . We have had so much rain that snakes and spiders are invading. A friend lost a nice BO pullet yesterday due to a Black Widow bite. I have a !*#@ rat snake that scarfed a chick. A very fast booger, that I have yet to behead. Bush hook at the ready.

We have another week of this monsoon to look forward to. Tomatoes and melons splitting, and rotting in the fields. Corn half pollinated, as the bees won't fly in these 3-6" twice daily downpours.No hay being cut. Thank goodness for my sand hill and covered runs . I just may vaccinate for Fowl Pox this year, as I doubt that even my many wrens can keep up with the mosquito hatch.
We've had 8 1/2" here in N Ga since Thursday morning....I'm grateful for the lack of 90F+ days, BUT I'm beginning to get "moldy"

I am just a lurker here but wow Walt that first Cornish looks like a tank with his stance.

I always thought Cornish were pure white. I guess it's because I have only seen Cornish x for meat birds.

Ok I will go back to lurking & learning :)

Last edited:
I am just a lurker here but wow Walt that first Cornish looks like a tank with his stance.

I always thought Cornish were pure white. I guess it's because I have only seen Cornish x for meat birds.

Ok I will go back to lurking & learning
smile.png

He is very young in the picture....he ended up bigger and bulkier.
Cornish come in a lot of colors. This is white laced red.

Walt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom