Cubalaya Thread For Sharing Pics and Discussing Our Birds

so you have to have a solid blue? nice lacing on that bird. forgot about the Cornish.
You don't have to have a solid blue unless you're making solid blues. If you want silver blues or blue wheatens, you can use the corresponding colors with blue. If you want solid colors it just makes sense to use solid colored parent birds.

Peppered whites are completely different than blues, as are the smokey chicks. To get blue you must start with blue. Some whites hide the blue which can give you blues, but you can't get blue from peppered white to black unless the peppering on the white is blue.

We had a huge hatch this last week. 123 chicks all in one hatch plus the 200 we already had. There were 40 whites this hatch as well as 20 duckwings. Lots of bbreds too, but I didn't count them. Were at about 100 Australorps and 200 Cubalayas. We're pretty much done collecting, except a couple special matings I've just put together.

thanks cubakid. I don't think I need any more colors anyway. for each color you have to keep more breeders. nice hatches. we kept it under a hundred cubas and probably will have about 30 asils hatch

Back
Top Bottom