Cubalaya Thread For Sharing Pics and Discussing Our Birds

Grade hen. Her breeding is Ganoi cock over a Cubalaya hen. She was bred to a white Cubalaya cockerel to produce these white chicks. A few of the chicks are out of eggs from a wheaten pen.

I can't wait for my Jimmy girls to get old enough to breed and hopefully become broody. My hatchery girls are over a year now (hatched last March, from what I am told) and no one is even thinking of becoming broody. I just don't want deal with hatching anymore eggs. Of course I don't really need any more chickens, so no sure what I am thinking
wink.png

Okay, let's say, next spring I hope my Jimmy girls go broody.

I am sure that you will get a broody or so out of those girls, rachael.
troyer, I meant no harm about the black hen. i didn't see 5 toes or red feathers. still trying to figure out the 'black cubalaya' article on feathersite . have not seen a five toed cubalaya but was wondering about the red feather gene. I think this article may not be completely true. hope you get chiks off her

Jonathan I am extremely jealous of your green lush grass! My grass only looks like that for about one month of the year.

Jonathan I am extremely jealous of your green lush grass! My grass only looks like that for about one month of the year.
We are fortunate. We only need to use irrigation for the garden on average 1 month out of the year. We have a lot of humidity year round. Humidity hardly ever goes under 60%. From March to September humidity stays right in the 75 - 85% range.

Yeah, no humidity in this sunny state! I think that is what makes it harder to raise chickens with good feather. No moisture makes feathers more brittle and not as soft. My old English suffer the most.

some grade and some pure cubalaya pullets
That's a nice stance on those wheatens. I really like the look of the head on that blue legged pullet. Very alert and serious. Your duckwings are a very interesting color. Did they all come from silver parents?

Back
Top Bottom