Cubalaya Thread For Sharing Pics and Discussing Our Birds

Is it my imagination, or do the yellow legged whites usually wind up being larger and more vigorous? I've been culling them, but there is one cockerel this year who is tempting me to let him breed.

i have been culling them too. i am keeping a yellow legged hen this year(i like her that much) . i have been culling them because its a dq for show. my blacks with yellow feet are huge and ok for type but i am culling all them too.

This year I've been getting small and large yellow legged Cubalaya, but the majority of the yellow legged ones are bigger than normal. It seems they are either larger or smaller than the average size of the whole brood. Here is a normal sized cockerel.

Last edited:
very nice. look back to page 58 and you will see a birchen stag and pullet that came from an accidental mating of black and duckwing. I plan on making some next spring along with some black reds.

Quote:
Sorry don't get on BYC to much lately other than my duck issue recently. Where are you in TX? I need to take pics soon. The black girls I got from Jimmy are awesome! I need to weigh them but they are much bigger than the girls I currently have and they are not full grown yet! The white girl is bigger also, but the blacks have something special about them that a pic can't show.

Back
Top Bottom