Cubalaya Thread For Sharing Pics and Discussing Our Birds

never mind. saw some red in hackle today. still no white
Sorry, I know the feeling.
sad.png

On another note, here is a Cubalaya bantam project pullet that I like a lot.

Sorry don't get on BYC to much lately other than my duck issue recently. Where are you in TX? I need to take pics soon. The black girls I got from Jimmy are awesome! I need to weigh them but they are much bigger than the girls I currently have and they are not full grown yet! The white girl is bigger also, but the blacks have something special about them that a pic can't show.
I am in Alpine, pretty much a long way from anywhere. :p Do you sell birds?

i have an ad on this site for whites and blacks. standard color cubalayas. i ship but need to know this week.

too late, maybe next spring

Last edited:
3 Month old Cubalaya bantam project cockerel. He will be a dark brown red as he already has red saddle feathers coming through. For now that doesn't matter as I will select for type and then later for color when the type is excellent. His tail is held at horizontal most of the time.

It is with a heavy heart that I am selling off all my Cubs. If anyone knows of someone near or willing to drive to Austin, TX and truly passionate about the breed I will make them a great deal.

I am returning to school and with 2 kids already in school and about to start sports, I can't let them free range anymore and they are taking to feather picking. Thought it was moulting at first. I feel so sick about it, they just need a better place than I can offer right now. My Vaughn bird has no tail at all right now. He needs to be brought back to his former glory!

sorry to hear rachaels. it was a bad moult here for all the birds over a year old. they make a feed called feather fixer that worked pretty good. the 2 whites that I was going to ship to you went to a long tail breeder that raises yokahamas ohiki and phoenix

sorry to hear rachaels. it was a bad moult here for all the birds over a year old. they make a feed called feather fixer that worked pretty good. the 2 whites that I was going to ship to you went to a long tail breeder that raises yokahamas ohiki and phoenix

That is great news on those girls! I have to say the two black girls from you are going to be the hardest to part with. There is just "something" about them. I would have to say they are some of the smartest chickens I have ever had. They "watch" you, very odd. Plus they are just so dang pretty!

I don't know, maybe it is a super hard moult but everyone other than the ones from you look dreadful.....

Back
Top Bottom