Cubalaya Thread For Sharing Pics and Discussing Our Birds

Not the best pics but here they are

Both of the Black girls, it is hard to see but they are bigger, more solid, than the other Cub hens that are about a year older.

White girl in the back, the other is a leghorn. Her tail is normally not that low, but still low.

Last edited:
I have the 6 that Cubalya sold me, and they are gorgeous ladies, sad to say but I am going to have to part with mine, if anyone is interested, they are the rooster Silver Duckwing, White as white can get hen, black hen, cinnamon hen, 2 black breasted red hens.
They just started laying, and pretty much every day, with the exception of the rest day, and Mr roo is starting his fall molt, to get longer prettier saddle feathers.
I will be taking these to the Oct 11th Farmville VA swap if they are not gone before then, I have them on Richmond VA craigslist right now.

Nice Lobster tails, and carriage, just got to many birds.

These are 2 month old pictures, but he is a proud gentle rooster.

Close to show quality. He still needs more tail though, width of tail that is... and.... he is multiple spurred.

Okay I have a Question because I have never seen this in the roosters before. Do roosters molt out their saddle feathers, and do the hackle feathers curl sometimes. My roos butt is barren, and his hackle feathers are in place yet curl out some or flip outwards, this had come about in the last week.

He has been wormed with Ivermectrin1%, I use DE in the coop and the runs, and I have looked him over for mites and there are none on any of them, he is the only one doing this weird thing.

Last edited:
none of this years birds are molting here. only birds that are a year old or older. look for feather pickers. they picked one of my adult duckwings last year. I must have the nutition figured out now. all orientals hackle feathers curl at times. I think like peoples hair, depends on humidity

So should I add some of the floating Catfish Food that I grind up and put in the Quail food in their food? I have been adding Flax, but maybe not enough.
There is one little girl that is always in his face pecking at him should I take him out or her?

Back
Top Bottom