Cubalaya Thread For Sharing Pics and Discussing Our Birds

Pics
the difference that i see between your brown reds and mine are that yours are almost black when young and get browner as they get older. mine look brown and get darker as they get older. when they are mature they should be at the same color. i will try to post some pics of mine sometime this week

Young un:

24aug2011017.jpg

Quote:
I don't recall the name as I'm bad with names, but there is an older gent in lower Michigan who raises them. I sold him a pair last fall. He bred down largefowl cubalayas and put a tiny bit of old english game bantam in them at the very beginning. So if its the same man yes he still has them. if anyone knows who I'm talking about let me know, I'd like to get back in contact with him.

not to take away from current discussion, but would anyone on this thread be interested in pursuing "partridge" (as in b.b. red oegb color) cubalaya bantams? I have a male who I crossed onto a wheaton based hen last year and do not plan on using him, nor his partridge colored daughters.

Quote:
Yes, our brown reds are not the same. Mine ( all I've seen here at my place,-cuba, or other breeds-) all start out looking the same as a black. Maybe there is some minor difference in chick down, if so, I have not noticed. They appear pure black until maybe 5-8 weeks old, then, they begin to gradually gain red/orange/brown coloration.

ps-the mushrooms -edit-(dang forum won't let me write the name!?) were excellent!
wink.png

Last edited:
lol.png
doc if thats too far to ship him, send him up here. i have room in the freezer for him.
wink.png

gallo, glad you liked them. after all the rain here we will probably get one more good fruiting of mushrooms. after frost we dont get any until feb or early march.

I also can't make it there. Would like to meet all you SPPA people, but, I simply can't do it. It's my son's birthday that weekend, and we have prior plans. I have tried to see if any locals from here in PA are going out there, but, no responses as of yet.

Back
Top Bottom