Cuckoo Marans

Thank you very much!
big_smile.png

Quote:
I enjoyed your website. Beautiful chickens!

I loved seeing the photos of everyone's cuckoo Marans so I thought I would stop lurking and share a photo of my Frannie.... I picked her up at a feed store. She's around 18 weeks old. Absolutely loves to run around when she gets to free-range after I get out of work. She gets along well with my other four girls and is certainly one of the most entertaining. Looking forward to eggs!

68259_frannie_at_18.jpg

Thanks for the welcome! There was something about your thread and the fact that I had taken pictures recently that spurred me to stop lurking! This website has been a great source of information and ideas! My Marans is likely far from being up to standard, but she's a calm and playful bird. I too, am hoping for dark eggs, though I imagine it may be weeks or months before I see them.

big_smile.png
OK, I have some updated photos of my girls and one guy. The girls just started laying. My cockerel is still growing and doesn't quite have his tail in yet. I call the girls Thunder Thighs, part of my driveway has a wooden bridge and when they run across it you definitely know it!

Girls

IMG_4079.jpg

IMG_4069.jpg

IMG_4047.jpg

IMG_4045.jpg

IMG_4065.jpg

IMG_4041.jpg

IMG_4042.jpg

IMG_4055.jpg

Boy

IMG_4064.jpg

IMG_4061.jpg

IMG_4080.jpg

Eggs- first week, they aren't the darkest I've ever seen but they sure have great body type.

IMG_4067.jpg

I have two cockerels that will be 5 weeks old on Wednesday. This pic is from about a week ago...

And one 5 month old pullet. She hasn't started laying yet...but I can't wait til she does!

Back
Top Bottom