Cuckoo marans

I have 2 cuckoo maran roosters. One is an average rooster, not super nice but not too mean to the girls either. The other I might as well name Romeo because he is a complete gentleman, he is nice to the girls and when its treat time he will point out treats for the girls and makes sure everyone gets what they want first. I think its an individual personality thing? Funny thing is, Romeo was on the cutting block list since he isn't the dominant rooster, but I think he may have saved himself with his personality. :love
w

Is the aggressive one mean to you?

No, he isn't mean to me. He gets a little huffy when I mess with the girls, but so far nobody has tried to come at me. Then again he is only 24 weeks old, don't know how he will mature to be.

Batou, our Cuckoo Marans rooster named for a character from the anime "Ghost in the Shell", is still young. Marans are friendly, but don't like to be handled. He'll still listen to our top hen, a Silkie. This morning our OEGB, Coco, took a peck at him and he just moved away. They are heavy feeders and good foragers, but not aggressive about that as well.

I just had to share my new little one! She peeped like mad until I covered her face and then she falls asleep! She's so friggin cute! her name is Cocoa.

This is Batou, prior to our having to harvest him. He was just too loud even trying a "No Crow" collar.I couldn't find anyone to re-home him after a month of trying and was receiving complaints. My 3 Marans hens are good producers of eggs so far. The three hens like to sit on the top of the coops at night and I have to put them away for the night.

i had a cuckoo maran rooster, he was my free chick from murray mcmueeay hatchery, he was so sweet!!! ( and handsome) we had to get rid of him because he crowed at 3 months and we lived in town.

Back
Top Bottom