Daily Duck Egg Report for 2015

That's my favorite.

Here's hoping you get some eggs soon! We've been having amazingly warm weather here in Colorado. It's supposed to get up to 67F today. I'm guessing that's one thing that's helping them lay so early.
Weather sure is kooky we're having extremes, ya'll spring. lol enjoy it though

They sure are.
big_smile.png
Though I'm slightly worried about my drake, he had frost bite on the tip of his caruncle.
I am spreading Vaseline all over my drakes fleshy carnuckle, My youngest had frost bite from the last frigid weather and it is looking almost healed. I don't want him to get it again.we have 0 for next week
roll.png

I am spreading Vaseline all over my drakes fleshy carnuckle, My youngest had frost bite from the last frigid weather and it is looking almost healed. I don't want him to get it again.we have 0 for next week
roll.png
I got my drake as a mature bird with obvious frostbite injury to his caruncle. He decided on his own that he never wants a repeat of that event, so whenever the temperature dips into the single digits and below, he is conspicuously absent from the yard. It is the only time he uses the run in shed. He will come out when I put out fresh buckets of hot water and will soak his head for a few minutes, then heads back out of the elements. Even the geese, who have been eyeing the back of the shed as a nest site can't get him to vacate! He's a smart boy!

I got my drake as a mature bird with obvious frostbite injury to his caruncle. He decided on his own that he never wants a repeat of that event, so whenever the temperature dips into the single digits and below, he is conspicuously absent from the yard. It is the only time he uses the run in shed. He will come out when I put out fresh buckets of hot water and will soak his head for a few minutes, then heads back out of the elements. Even the geese, who have been eyeing the back of the shed as a nest site can't get him to vacate! He's a smart boy!
Mine come outside in the morning and stay out even though every door is open they do get under and behind things to stay out of the weather. I think the culprit here is the heated buckets. They dunk their heads in then hit the frigid temps so far with my 4 only 2 have had frost bite and both have recovered from it although one has a scar on his knob. Your drake is one smart cookie, You must have some real laid back geese too, my geese wouldn't tolerate a drake or duck or a chicken for that matter in their house they'd be thrown out on their ear.

roll.png

I don't think my drake would cooperate very well for that.
hmm.png
He got frost bite last year, but it healed up well. It is supposed to be that cold here too.

Ever since I posted I've been getting one egg a day this winter......I haven't got any
1f612.png

Back
Top Bottom