d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics!

What color is this? Came from the sliver blue quail and silver quail. Its dark in the pic but looks blue with white-ish spots and blotches.
I lost a chick, it was really light blue. I have 3 what looks like porcelain and two that are quail-y. Looks like bsq and sq... then this one. Looks different
Looks to me like a blue silver quail.

Last edited:
One porcelain chick didn't make it. I have 5 healthy babies now, looks like 1 bsq, 1 quail, 1 sq, 1 por, 1 mf. They are both yellow, but one has faint dark streaks near its head. Now lets hope Santa have me all pullets.. XD

Happy holidays everyone! Hope everyone has a lovely time!

One porcelain chick didn't make it. I have 5 healthy babies now, looks like 1 bsq, 1 quail, 1 sq, 1 por, 1 mf. They are both yellow, but one has faint dark streaks near its head. Now lets hope Santa have me all pullets.. XD

Happy holidays everyone! Hope everyone has a lovely time!

not anyone who has any extras. Was just about to get on here and ask if anyone had any extra quail, milles, silver quail, and porcelain.

I got kinda low on breeders myself and didnt get to keep back any replacements for them this year. If anyone knows of anyone with a few extras, especially hens/pullets, I sure could use some
I have 3 porcelans and 2 silver quail pullets i can send you. I have no cock birds for them
Rocky

not sure?? They usually are great heavy feeders early on, but never been aggressive towards other chicks here. That usually doesnt start til they are 8 months old or better. Good ol d'anvers for you I guess.

Merry Christmas to all my d'anver BYC buddies too by the way.

and thanks for the offers too. That's really going to help me out, was in bad shape there on those varieties. So I sure apprciate all the help.

haha,

yep dont think she's (pulling for you) being a bully or nothing. At that age, everything just looks like food to them. You can watch them hatch and when a new one rolls out the shell, they'll peck it clean a lot of the times. Just anything funny looking they are gone try to eat seems like.

On the yellow one. If she's solid yellow, I wouldnt say mille, but if she has some brown striping to her, she most likely is one of the yellow or light colored milles. If it's a yellowish/ cream body with pale blueish markings, she's porcelain if that helps any

Back
Top Bottom