d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics!

How about any breeders in Oklahoma?
I have Belgian Quail d'anver and would love some other colors.....I have an incubator so could even hatch some eggs if I can get some from someone close.
If anyone out there is from Okie land or knows anyone from here please let me know.
Thanks....I just love the little rascals.
Cheryl

I sent about 300-400 eggs to a guy there last year. I have no idea what his name was now though, sorry. There arent many out that way actually. West cost, north east, and Miss valley have the highest concentration of breeders. Mid west is kinda hit or miss. If I can find this guys info, I'll pass it on to you. He got some of about every color I have before it was all over.

I'm a huge fan of d'Anvers; they are the most adorable chickens! Any tips on getting a hold of a couple young d'Anvers pullets in Northern California? I'm not legally allowed to have roosters in my hometown and it seems impossible to order anything other than straight run d'Anvers from breeders. I'm considering going to local shows looking for young well-socialized hens for sale, but the next one isn't until March and I just don't know if I can WAIT! I'm too excited.

~Laurel
Hedie Carpenter is somewhere in CA, not sure what area. She got a lot from me a couple years ago, and has some really nice birds of her own too.

Reason on staright run chicks by the way, is it's impossible to sex them. hard enough at 6 weeks, much less a day old..haha

Aubrey & D'Anver lovers, Leah died this morning. Upon a necropsy, found she had a compression fracture in the leg bone, from just above the foot all the way up the leg. The huge bulge was just swelling and pooled blood from the fracture where she had been sitting a lot and there was bleeding from the lowest point of the fracture upward into the hip area. No idea what happened, could be the rooster mated her or she flew up and landed wrong or whatever. Didn't even seem possible since she never quit walking on it. Poor little pullet. No infection, just a vertically split leg bone. I'll be posting educational necropsy pictures for the BYC folks in Emergencies in a bit.

For those interested, link to the necropsy photos:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...ads-to-death-in-pullet-caution-necrosy-photos

By the way, Aubrey, Carly has gone broody, too. What the heck is up with this bunch???? You bred this batch with Silkies, right, huh, right, RIGHT????!!!! LOL!

Last edited:
I sent about 300-400 eggs to a guy there last year. I have no idea what his name was now though, sorry. There arent many out that way actually. West cost, north east, and Miss valley have the highest concentration of breeders. Mid west is kinda hit or miss. If I can find this guys info, I'll pass it on to you. He got some of about every color I have before it was all over.

FIND THAT GUY!!!!!!

Hi! I'm doing something wrong but don't know how to fix it.
When I write I leave spaces and make new sentences and it looks right from here, when I post it it just all runs together....
And I guess when I try to quote someone it comes out bad also...
Bear with me, please.

It's bizarre, to say the least. Now, I have Sam up for sale since I've now lost a pullet. He's really turning out to be spectacular, in my barely educated opinion of D'anvers. He's much like his sire, very broad chested, good color, great stance, etc. He's really the better of the two males at 15 weeks old, though Spike isn't bad, just lighter in color.

See what you think from these pictures. Spike is much lighter, both same sire, of course, and both same mother, Mina.

This first one is Sam-isn't he handsome?

Back
Top Bottom