d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics!

Cynthia: here's Sam in his new home. Bless his heart, my little OEGB hens are not making it easy on him to fit in. I think it's just because he's still young and they think they can boss him around. I took the three of them out last night so he could have some peace. I put them in a large wire cage outside the coop and am adding them back in one at a time so maybe he can build his confidence with them. Luckily for him, he'll have a couple d'anver girls soon to be with who will probably be a lot less hostile! I never thought my OEGB were bullies but they think they are queen bees right now! I'm sure he'll show them whos boss before too long! My husband and I both love Sam so much. I just took him some veggies as a treat and sat in there with them so maybe he can get used to me
smile.png

Cynthia, Glad to see that Sam has a new home! Hope the weather is not putting a stink on your fire renovation.

Had a nice visit with Cheryl (SonShine Silkies). She brought me a lovely Quail hen in trade for a nice Mille Fleur rooster. Now my boys will have a hen again. She also went home with some LF Blue Cochin chicks and a couple of LF CW.

Questions for those knowledgeable breeders:
Mille Fleur over Quail will give what colors? The roosters are out of BBBs eggs from last year and the Quail are straight Quail with no splits.

Ginger Red (BBB) over Quail.....

Porcelain (BBB). over Quail...

Black over Quail....I know the F1 will probably be Black but will there be surprises? The Black is a BBB hatch.

Does it sound like the little hen will have an active life?
Of the four male colors listed, which would be the best combo for a base color chick to save as pullets?

Hi everyone,
What a great day yesterday was, I got to meet Nanakat, [Kathryn] and see her terrific flock/flocks of birds.
I just about fainted when I saw her Cochins, I had never seen LF Cochins before and they were HUGE!
And so beautiful. I had to have some!
I got a couple Wyandottes also, looking forward to them all growing up and enjoying the new breeds.
The new Millie Fleur D'Anver roo seems very happy and at home this morning. he is sweet and I'm so glad to have him.
Hope someone answers the questions on the colors that might be expected from using him on my Quail hens.
Thanks to Nanakat for the beautiful birds!

Aubrey can tell you for sure but I think you F!'s will pretty much be quail split to mottled. If you go back to the millie with the pullets you should get Buff columbian,quail, Both split to mottled. Mottled quail and millies.

jj

Last edited:
Thank you JJ.
So Mille Fleur over Quail yields Quail looking chicks split to Mottled....These F1 pullets to MFleur sire yields Buff Columbian split to Mottled, Quail split to mottled, Mottled Quail and Mille Fleurs. Is this at 25% each?
Am I on the right track thinking that when F2 Buff Columbian are bred to each other That gives options for Buff Columbian, Mottled, and Mille Fleur ?

Thank you JJ.
So Mille Fleur over Quail yields Quail looking chicks split to Mottled....These F1 pullets to MFleur sire yields Buff Columbian split to Mottled, Quail split to mottled, Mottled Quail and Mille Fleurs. Is this at 25% each?
Am I on the right track thinking that when F2 Buff Columbian are bred to each other That gives options for Buff Columbian, Mottled, and Mille Fleur ?
Yes it will average out to 25% each. The F2 buff columbians will give 75% Buff Columbian and 25% Millies.

Back
Top Bottom