d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics!

I can't zoom in on my phone son they are pretty tiny but look like porcelain .lavender. and milles

Thanks, I'll try to get a good shot of them later (I'm up to my eyes in alligators right now- trying to get pens built, helping my sister move cattle, and oh, yeah, my daughter's getting married on the 27th). I'm hoping for a Porcelain cockerel, and maybe one more pullet for a breeding pen, and the rest of them either go back to Kristen or get sold. I need to get the Silver Quail pair sold before I fall further in love with them, because I really don't need any more kinds of chickens right now (I also have Silver Spangled Hamburg, BLRW and EE/Am large fowl) but they are really really pretty, and from what I can figure out from this thread and Feathersite and your site, probably the best, breed-type-wise, of my collection.

These chicks I have with the several broodies (the oldest pair are running without mama now with two DelaRock cockerels like a street gang, lol) are looking gorgeous. I sure wish someone would drive to get these. Looks like I have two cockerels and one pullet with feather stubs on the legs, but the other five are clean legged and all pullets. They are so pretty, getting their spots, especially the one who is over 8 weeks now. She is so much like my Wrong Way Lucy, just as ditzy as Lucy was, but also just as sweet. I'm getting too attached to her so SOMEONE has to come get her. HELP! LOL!
lol.png
Seriously, I don't need any of the chicks. Aubrey, I have a flyer up at the county co-op and no one has called, no serious interest on my ad. You must have a better market for yours where you are. If it ain't a "Dominicker" (geez, don't get me started on that one) or a red chicken or a game, no one knows what it is here.

Cynthia I know what you mean, here every one see the beard on a d'Anver and thinks they are bantam easter eggers and will lay blue eggs.

These look different than my normal silver quail, ever see any thing like them?

Cynthia I know what you mean, here every one see the beard on a d'Anver and thinks they are bantam easter eggers and will lay blue eggs. These look different than my normal silver quail, ever see any thing like them?
Weirdly enough, except for the beard, that's what week-old Silver Spangled Hamburg chicks look like.

Moved my chickens to my house, happy! I have a question though.

I have a pen with 1 roo and 1 hen. I need to put some hens in that pen with that roo. The current hen will NOT allow the new hens to eat or drink and plucks their feathers. I can't keep them in there.

What do i do?

Moved my chickens to my house, happy! I have a question though.

I have a pen with 1 roo and 1 hen. I need to put some hens in that pen with that roo. The current hen will NOT allow the new hens to eat or drink and plucks their feathers. I can't keep them in there.

What do i do?
Take the current hen out of there for 3 or 4 days then put them all in together at the same time.

These chicks I have with the several broodies (the oldest pair are running without mama now with two DelaRock cockerels like a street gang, lol) are looking gorgeous. I sure wish someone would drive to get these. Looks like I have two cockerels and one pullet with feather stubs on the legs, but the other five are clean legged and all pullets. They are so pretty, getting their spots, especially the one who is over 8 weeks now. She is so much like my Wrong Way Lucy, just as ditzy as Lucy was, but also just as sweet. I'm getting too attached to her so SOMEONE has to come get her. HELP! LOL!
lol.png
Seriously, I don't need any of the chicks. Aubrey, I have a flyer up at the county co-op and no one has called, no serious interest on my ad. You must have a better market for yours where you are. If it ain't a "Dominicker" (geez, don't get me started on that one) or a red chicken or a game, no one knows what it is here.
USPS! I don't sell squat locally, don't even like it when they find me and come over, everyone here wants them given to them or for just a $1 cause, well I bought a chicken like that last week at the sale for $1..... they have no idea what they are looking at here LOL

Here too They act like shipped eggs are imported from another country if they get them from the lower 48 I can have the exact same thing. For instance the Danvers I got from you There are no others except hatchery birds here But rather than buy local people will do through the hassle of USPS I was thrilled to find my Marc Sacre chocolate chips local I paid 75.00 for a half dozen eggs She threw in 2 xtra and 4 of her SOP silkies for me and I had 100% fertiliy 2 died in shell at hatch time and I got our crazy silkie Bruce Lee who is entertaining at the least I was dreading shipping such expensive eggs People are strange

Had to remove this 7 week old Delaware X pullet from the bantam pen because the only D'Anver male chick in there was targeting her and beating the snot out of her. No idea what's up with that but she couldn't defend herself at all. And it was really making me worry that all this feather pulling on her head would make her snap her own neck trying to get out of his grip.

Aubrey and JJ, this pullet was tagged as a Delaware x BR, but I swear, as she gets older, she looks more and more like my Ameraucana/Sumatra hen, Tiny. What do you think? Any chance this long legged, lean bodied, blackish combed pullet could be a DelaRock, or do you see a "DelaMatra" there?

The D'Anver kids:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom