d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics!

Also speaking of KLF *ahem*

JJ....did you notice your last package came WITHOUT any KLF spores on it? There is a reason....which is of course ... blackmail!

As long as Cynthia and I (shipped to Cynthia is fine) get some standard Brahma eggs from you to hatch I shall not be sending more KLF spores. HOWEVER, should you fail to produce said eggs then you sir shall get several packages infested with DOUBLE KLF spores. Just thought you'd like to know ahead of time.
lol.png
I know what is going on, you are looking for a more virulent strain of KLF, these chicks looked like they were standing on tarantulas when they hatched. They are only 3 weeks old and they have as many feathers below the hock as they do above. I am sure we can send you all some eggs later in the year.

Tarantulas eh? bwahahahahahahahaha They all want to go AWOL and come here to live I think.

So...seriously what do you do with your tarantula wearing birds? I know you are trying to breed show birds and so forth.....do you keep them to attempt to breed out the KLF or re-home them?

I am seriously loving the Coch'anver project...ie Bantam Cochin X d'Anver They are such beautiful birds...slightly larger than the d'anver, a bit calmer roos and softer foot feathering than the d'uccle. Those hard feathers are the main reason I backed away from the d'uccles. My environment is too hard on those hard feathers so I had tons of yanked, broken or damaged foot feathers....toe injuries and a few infected feathers and such.

Keep us posted on the brahmas because Cyn and I want some more so I will be looking for them while we wait for yours to grow up. :)

My two single cockerels are attempting to breed the standard hens...sure hope that isn't possible. The sure are determined though.
I've paired a Black cock with a Quail hen, a Ginger Red with a lovely Buff Col hen, a Buff Col with two Buff hens. The hens and one cock bird are split to MF. I lost my beautiful Mille Fleur cock during the extremely cold weather.

And a belated Happy New Year.

Kathryn, so sorry to hear about your loss! Was it really just the cold? That's too bad. I guess you guys have had some bad winter there, haven't you?

Ladyhawk and I sure wish everyone on this nice, calm and always pleasant thread (and that's no small thing, I tell ya!) a happy, healthy and prosperous 2014. Many thanks to Aubrey and JJ, especially, for their contributions to our education!

Back
Top Bottom