d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics!

JJ LQQKIE two new minions for the hairy legged horde.....for my Coch'anver project....little bantam Cochin. Muahahahaha Long Live The Horde (and KLF)

I recently bought 4 black d'Anvers from a family near me (southern Oregon), they said they bought about 20 from a breeder in Northern California. The d'Anvers have good form and type, and I am very pleased with them. The 2 hens won BV and RV recently. I see, celeste, your mention of being a breeder of black d'Anvers, might you be the breeder? If not, do you know of any other breeders in your area that might have sold these? I'm trying to track down the breeder because I'd like to know the background for my breeding program, but also to thank them for such nice little birds! I don't have any good pictures on this computer, but here is one of the 2 roosters from when they came off quarantine and were being introduced to the rest of the gang (love the iridescent sheen on the feathers!).

Last edited:
Quote: Aubrey, darling, NEVER apologize for picture day!
lol.png

Have you ever seen a D'Anver rooster pout? Well, Spike does. I swear, if he had lips, they'd have been on the floor today. I went in and did some clean up, gave the chicks some starter and as I was leaving, I looked down at my feet and that little guy was standing with his feet touching my shoes looking up at me, like "Where is my scratch, mama? You aren't really leaving without giving me something, are you??". You should have seen his face. Even my DH said, hey, Spike wants his goodies! The other day he was standing on my shoes.

Back
Top Bottom