d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics!

K Epp....sure hope your little ones are safe thru the night and are looking for you in the morning demanding their breakfast.

The KLF has been flirting here with my LF Cochin/Wyandotte crosses that make the best broody mothers and delicious roasting birds. The temptation to cross a Buff Cochin Bantam cock over my Buff Columbian d'Anver hens is growing this Spring. But I'm beginning to hatch Ginger Red over BC hens and Black over Quail hen and MF over BC hens. Should have some cuties running around soon.

Last edited:
I went out and called for them this morning before I left for work. No sign of them. I'm hoping they are hiding. I didn't see any signs of them at all. I'll do a search for them when I get home.

Sure hope they're somewhere hidden and managed to evade predators, but I live around Karen, so I'm a bit afraid for them right now.
fl.gif

Well, JJ or anyone who wants to take a stab at it, what would you call on this porcelain chick? Is this a cockerel? I know it's early but I'm beginning to see some color in the comb, I think. It's not really wide, but it's starting to pinken up a bit. I'll need to find a home for him if so, but I may have someone who would like to have him so that's why I'm trying to get an early read on it. The last pictures are better ones to check him by. Love the one where the Orp chick and Spike are eye to eye.

Last edited:
I walked into the back yard and had three little fuzzy faces running up to me like they wanted to know where I had been all day.

Thank Goodness

Sure hope they're somewhere hidden and managed to evade predators, but I live around Karen, so I'm a bit afraid for them right now.
fl.gif

Well, JJ or anyone who wants to take a stab at it, what would you call on this porcelain chick? Is this a cockerel? I know it's early but I'm beginning to see some color in the comb, I think. It's not really wide, but it's starting to pinken up a bit. I'll need to find a home for him if so, but I may have someone who would like to have him so that's why I'm trying to get an early read on it. The last pictures are better ones to check him by. Love the one where the Orp chick and Spike are eye to eye.

A little early for me to call but if I had to, I'd say roo.

Glad to hear the wayward chicks returned safe.

Back
Top Bottom