d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics!

It's a de Watermael. Like the boots of the d'uccle, the crest of the de watermael sometimes shows in with two "normal" d'anvers if both have one of the other breed in their lineage. This or the "milk man" maybe the reason why one of your chicks has a crest.

Oh, yeah, I remember! JJ was working on that breed. I don't know if Aubrey has any or not, can't remember. Aubrey!!! Calling Aubrey Webb!! @Boggy Bottom Bantams !

It's a de Watermael. Like the boots of the d'uccle, the crest of the de watermael sometimes shows in with two "normal" d'anvers if both have one of the other breed in their lineage. This or the "milk man" maybe the reason why one of your chicks has a crest.

I remembered the breed Pyncheon and looked it up and they are MF with a small crest. The crest on the chick is black though instead of gold color the Pyncheon has. The chick looks exactly like the other MF d'Anver chicks it hatched with but has the crest.

This is my chocolate d'Anver broody with the 4 chicks at one week old. Didn't see the crest coming in until this week at 3 weeks old. They all look just like MF d'Anvers.

Hmm... don't know if Pyncheons ever crossed the path of the d'Anvers, but de Watermael and the d'Anvers are close related. Look if you spot two spiked combs in your flock. Two spiked combs and some other comb flaws are an indicator that a de Watermael or a d'Uccle was mixed in some where down the line.
The Pyncheons have wattles. So if you find a chicken with wattles, maybe a Pyncheon was somewhere in the lineage.

looked back a few pages, haven't seen a crested pic. Must be missing it. Yes a triple spiked, crested, sort of d'anver looking bird is a d'watermaal. Little thinner bodied, and more tall though.

Sorry, this is my busy time of year, don't have much computer time. Hold the fort down.

yes, JJ took a big jump into them last year. Kristen also has a few. and I have a couple pair from JJ now.
As far as I know, that's the only ones left in the US....

looked back a few pages, haven't seen a crested pic. Must be missing it. Yes a triple spiked, crested, sort of d'anver looking bird is a d'watermaal. Little thinner bodied, and more tall though.

Sorry, this is my busy time of year, don't have much computer time. Hold the fort down.

yes, JJ took a big jump into them last year. Kristen also has a few. and I have a couple pair from JJ now.
As far as I know, that's the only ones left in the US....

Hey, Aubrey!! Happy to see you pop in, though we all know you're a busy guy. JJ is a welcome face, too.
frow.gif

Picked up my box of BBB chicks this morning, despite several screw ups by the postal system. Soooo, ...I know a little of what Aubrey has been doing....rounding up my order of 30 d'Anvers, and likely many others. Very healthy little cuties.
Thanks, Aubrey!

I cannot break Carly like I've broken four large fowl broodies. She got me. I caved. I gave her 5 D'Anver eggs since she's such a small hen, she can't really sit on more than 2 LF eggs. The ones she has consist of one of hers and four that I have no idea who they belong to, but I don't think they are Aimee's. Found one this morning in the back corner of the coop and Aimee would never lay there. When she gets sick of them all, I'll sell or give them all away and Lisa Waycaster, if there is a pullet or two, you may get one yet, gal.

These are great/healthy little birds, Aubrey. The local USPS offices were my greatest concern, but one smart lady at the "wrong" office (chicks were S'POSED to come in to another location...Moan), solved the puzzle(s).

Hopefully,...A pic of your babies in their garage toddler pen:

Back
Top Bottom