d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics!

Pics
great,
Glad you found a new love, once I started with them, I couldnt stop, lol

we should have loads of them next spring, getting good numbers now on them again too.
Will keep an eye out for you!
wink.png

Maybe a d'Anver expert here could help me with this...I bought four Bearded d'Anvers (Quail Antwerp Belgians) from MPC sexed to be female, and my favorite of the two remaining chicks appears to be growing a comb while the other one is not which leads me to believe it's a rooster. I posted a thread here trying to make sure the one with the comb either was or wasn't a rooster and now I'm being told that they likely aren't even d'Anvers chicks at all...anyone have any input on this? They were 5 weeks old when the pictures were taken.
And if they *are* d'Anvers, well then just consider this a contribution to the thread
smile.png

chix01.jpg

chix02.jpg

chix03.jpg

chix04.jpg

chix05.jpg

chix06.jpg

That is a pair of quail, and yes they have d'anver in them, but that is the incorrect comb on both of them.
Look at all my pics in the first 5 pages. They dont have single combs, which is what your have.
This is a pretty common flaw in hatchery d'anvers. Think they end up getting a little old english in them.
They are my guess 75% d'anver at best.
They'll be pretty birds for you though, just not pure

Quote:
It's up on the d'anver club site, just got the news letter about it, I'm sure there will be loads of them there. Ohio is d'anver central for breeders. You can bet Tom Shepherd will be there, and winning. It's hard to beat him when he shows up. Most of my rare colors came from him, and his quality shows.
Imagine there'll be loads though, wish I could go, but that's a bit far!

Hey Aubrey!
If you think it's one of yours, it probably is. When I started the Meetup Group, I needed a picture of a chicken to put in as a logo. I like d'Anvers, so that's what I googled. Several images popped up and I grabbed a couple of them, and I chose the black as a placeholder until I could get some photos of my own. Since I wasn't advertising, selling or representing it as mine, I didn't think about copyright stuff. I will certainly take it down.

Quote:
LOL it is...
You dont have to pull it, all I ask when people use them, is to just be sure to note where it came from is all. They are all copyrighted, but like you said, you arent using it to sell, so no biggie there

Back
Top Bottom