d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics!

Pics
Quote:
what about your coronation project. I noticed that they also had light legs but the Colombians had dark legs....is there a hidden gene in there or is it because they are still in a project phase. I know the lavender gene wouldn't have done it because I raise lavender ameraucana that have dark legs.

Theres a hidden gene there, they poped out of my lavender cuckoos actually. They are just an F1 phase, hope when I breed them back to the normal columbians, it will fix the leg color, will take a generation or two to get all the bugs worked out on both them and the normal columbians. They are both just F1 's right now, and results of those accedental or really unknow pop ups, so will have to keep working on them both a bit to clean them up good.

I do have 2 more of the coronation ones as cockerels, and both of those are bar patterned, not sure why the pullet wasnt, or she may be, just with the light colors it's very hard to see.

me either.
I got excited this weekend, the crele F1's started to lay a few, got 3 so far, as did a few others, just here and there, I'm ready to get all 6 bators fired up and going again, the wait to keep going with these is killing me.

Does this guy look Crele to you?

44401_dsc_7853.jpg

looks similar to my f1's, 50% each at this point bb red and cuckoo. His barring looks a little off, but if you have a mate for him, or a bb to breed him to, the next generation should make some true creles for you.

well my crele f1's started laying a little this week, so hopfully it wont be long before I can show you some, also , the way these were bred, they should produce both silver duckwings and silver creles as well, and I do have the gold duckwing in the work too, should have some of them later this year or the following spring.

I need to find witch colors are standard to show. My wife is the d'Anver fan. I have crele oegb

Allthough if you were able to succefully create the colors and in large enough number would they allow them to be a standard for show...

Last edited:
well there are 14 colors recongnised now by the ABA , and 9 for the APA

The ABA has
Quail
Black
Self Blue
Blue
Mottled
Cuckoo
Millie Fluer
Porcelain
Blue Quail
Buff
BB Red
White
Columbian
Buff Columbian

It's my understanding for a new color to be recognised, a few things have to happen. You present the new color to the officials, a minimum of 5 breeders have to .
The color has to be proven to breed true, and then you have to hope they will except them.

Silver quail is not approved, but I have been hearing of them in shows under the unapproved color classes

Back
Top Bottom