d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics!

Porcelain pullet? I'm jealous!!

Okay, here is the little critter who is making me nuts. Finally, my chick-wrangler was able to help hold him/her still. This baby is 7 1/2 weeks old. Comb is pinkish, but flat, pullet-looking otherwise, at least to me. Is there any chance on earth that this is a pullet? If it isn't, this has to be the slowest developing male I've ever seen in this breed.

Mina (left) and Lucy (right). Mina is two weeks older, but much larger, though her spots are tiny. Which is the preferred feather pattern, the small or larger tipped feathers?

Ace and Lucy:

droolin.gif

droolin.gif

I am going to say pullet. And about the spots. The standard says "each feather marked with a V-shaped bar of black near the end of the feather and each feather ending in a diamond shaped pure white spangle". It doesn't mention size, but from talking to judges they want to see a clear division between the black and the white as opposed to the black fading into the white.

*** I like the little spots

Now I have a question. I made my silver blue quail with my silver roo that is split to lavendar. So some of my pullets are split to lavendar. If I crossed them back to the roo, I will end up with some that are lavendar and blue. Could you tell by looking? What would they look like?

jj

Last edited:
I am going to say pullet. And about the spots. The standard says "each feather marked with a V-shaped bar of black near the end of the feather and each feather ending in a diamond shaped pure white spangle". It doesn't mention size, but from talking to judges they want to see a clear division between the black and the white as opposed to the black fading into the white.

*** I like the little spots

Now I have a question. I made my silver blue quail with my silver roo that is split to lavendar. So some of my pullets are split to lavendar. If I crossed them back to the roo, I will end up with some that are lavendar and blue. Could you tell by looking? What would they look like?

jj

I'm no expert, but I don't know if you could tell the diff, JJ. Might be a feather shaft color difference in blue vs lavender? I'd have to go grab a feather from one of my blue Rocks or blue Orps, then one from one of the lav Coch'anvers or Shadow and check that out.

Pullet on my little puzzler? Really??! If so, that would mean I got 5 out of 5 pullets! Wowzer! Every one of them has the same general coloring (except Heather is darker toward the back end) and comb, though this chick has more pink in it than the others do. How cool is that?!
wee.gif

Last edited:
JJ you then answered my cochanver over cochanver question. Cyn was looking for results of porcelain danver over lavender cochanver. Unfortunately Cyn has only cochanver females...I have the boys with my girls.
Sunkissedchicken...congrats. however you do not have Belgians. The d'Anvers are a Belgian breed yes but the color variation is another story. Where did you acquire your birds? Do you have pictures of them?

posted pictures and I got them from a friend who breeds them :) if they aren't d'Anvers then what are they????????

Back
Top Bottom