d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics!

I hope you all don't mind me asking a question. I bought two d'anver pullets today. I think they are 8 weeks old (I have asked seller about date of hatch) they both have a touch of red. Now for the question, how early do d'anver pullets start getting red in their comb area? It's made me slightly nervous that I may have a cockerel or two. I have looked at speckledhens photos of her 7 1/2? week olds (the red areas and the one with the bump) and will compare with mine tomorrow.
What color are they? Some you can tell by the color at that age.

jj

Thank you ever so much! I am going to have a good look at them tomorrow and compare them to your photo. I don't remember them having any red on their shoulders but then again I was too busy staring at the red above their beaks. :rolleyes: At least I now know what to look for. I really appreciate your help. :D

what why would I get hollered at?? :idunno  sorry I meant to put Quail but I typed in Belgian I was tired and I made a mistake :(  whoops didn't mean to .......

Ignore JJ he is user cause he has hairy legs at his place. I will not holler. What I was saying ... you have danvers but the color I was questioning. As JJ stated, they are quail.

JJ husha you. LOL

see Cole, you did get a brown red, it just ended up being a male. Looks like his breast is off colored, but he's a brown red none the less. Breed him to that bb red pullet and you will get more of both, as he is half bb red already. Birchen is dominate over duckwing, IF the birchen is pure. He's split for duckwing, so this will give you more of both colors with just 1 mating
haha yeah its ok i dont mind him being male and you say his breast is off colored huh
what colored should it be and the bb red is a dutch so i dont think im gonna do that lol ill probably order some more eggs off you soon or just wait
i need me some more colors lol

Ignore JJ he is user cause he has hairy legs at his place. I will not holler. What I was saying ... you have danvers but the color I was questioning. As JJ stated, they are quail.
JJ husha you. LOL
NOw I got hollared at.
hide.gif

Hey guys, thanks for the of pictures of 7-8 week olds. I keep looking at all of mine, and so far I beleive all 8 millies I got are pullets. The porcelain is a cockeral and a pullet pair. The gold necks, I beleive I have 2 cockerals. They are very different one from another.

I really need to take pictures of them and post so you can tell me if I am right. The porcelain no doubt is roo, he is crowing up a storm and breeding everything he can. The goldnecks barely have a comb, but it is more obvoius a roo, but in the millies I cant see any roos.

Other then comb, is there a pattern difference to notice to tell me sex of these guys?

Lets see they are 5/21 hatch date

Back
Top Bottom