Dark Cornish-White Rock cross?

Yes sir I'll try a picture. ..

We keep her away from our big feeders and don't let her get to much attention from the roosters she isn't a real quick runner lol. I had 2 giving me eggs but her sister began to show symptoms of heart failure.

Me too here in Louisiana it's very hot and humid so these girls grew during the hottest part of the year and from the 4th week were out free ranging "supervised" and limited food was really excited that they beat the odds and gave us eggs :)

I'm about 35 minutes from Lake Charles,so I'm very well acquainted with the heat and humidity. I had 5 jumbo CX that made it through the hottest parts of the year only to be taken out by the chupy cobbler. (unknown. predator) lost 21 birds in one night. Lots of exercise (11geese in the same enclosure) and feeding limited amounts twice a day had my birds looking GOOD.

I believe Ipatelski's got the right idea. I'm going to try and get some Quality Dark Cornish to put over the broilers. I was disappointed with Welps Slow Grow broilers.They were way off the advertised growth rate and weight.
I'm hoping to get something going by adding the Dark Cornish to the mix.

Okay I have a little update: No records of any kind being broken here, but good healthy weights.

All the progeny below are a Pure Dark Cornish "BamBam" over a McMurray Cornish Roaster "Betty" breeding

Lavenia DOH 8/26/15 - 7 pounds 15.3 ounces close to 8 pounds at 16 weeks

Bob DOH 8/20/15 is 17 weeks today and weighs 11 pounds 2.7 ounces

Bob as a youngster I used grams so he was 1448g on 9/24/15 so a little over 3 pounds at 35 days.

"Pebbles" DOH 10/13/15 weighing in at 5 pounds 4.9 ounces at 65 days or 9.3 weeks

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom