Daughter broke up with boyfriend and I'm the one depressed!

So I stumble across this like every other mother going thru this .
Here's my story .
My son and his girl started dating early in high school ... she is a year older . She graduated moved off to college . They make it work for 7 years . He is 22 she is 23 now . The long distance relationship is hard . He is in college at a different place . I have known this girls family for 25 years . She was in my other sons wedding . She was around for the birth of my gradchild . In fact she has been in the family longer then the other daughter in laws . She even went to see my dad the day he died . I could go on and on . But you get the picture. The relationship was always a fuss and a fight . They are so different . I would have to end up helping fix it .. Big mistake! 7 years is a lot of wasted time . Fast forward to sept. 2016 . Something changed for him . He was tired of the fighting ! They both came home from college one weekend to talk and he ended it . She struggled the week leading up to it . And a little time after . But she is doing well now . I on the other had ... well I struggle ! This girl was well my girl . I was very close with her . It is like a death ! ( her family loved him also ) How can they move on ? It's Christmas and I don't know how to have Christmas without her . Heck my toddler grandchild still asks for her .
He has now found someone else . It is just that easy for him . It's December and he brought the new girl home . She is so sweet ! Perfect for him ! So why am I over here crying ? Heck my grandchild calls her the other girls name . This girl is so laid back and understanding about it . Yesterday was a hard day . Randomly the ex text me . Shared with me about the new boy in her life . Her parents have no idea . She is going to tell them about him soon . So I am over here trying to be all happy ! Am I so selfish that I can't just move on . They are ! Finding a new normal is hard . Heck in my mind she was the fit . She was the next and last girl to marry into our family. Holidays are the hardest . Here's to a different kind of Christmas.

So I stumble across this like every other mother going thru this .
Here's my story .
My son and his girl started dating early in high school ... she is a year older . She graduated moved off to college . They make it work for 7 years . He is 22 she is 23 now . The long distance relationship is hard . He is in college at a different place . I have known this girls family for 25 years . She was in my other sons wedding . She was around for the birth of my gradchild . In fact she has been in the family longer then the other daughter in laws . She even went to see my dad the day he died . I could go on and on . But you get the picture. The relationship was always a fuss and a fight . They are so different . I would have to end up helping fix it .. Big mistake! 7 years is a lot of wasted time . Fast forward to sept. 2016 . Something changed for him . He was tired of the fighting ! They both came home from college one weekend to talk and he ended it . She struggled the week leading up to it . And a little time after . But she is doing well now . I on the other had ... well I struggle ! This girl was well my girl . I was very close with her . It is like a death ! ( her family loved him also ) How can they move on ? It's Christmas and I don't know how to have Christmas without her . Heck my toddler grandchild still asks for her .
He has now found someone else . It is just that easy for him . It's December and he brought the new girl home . She is so sweet ! Perfect for him ! So why am I over here crying ? Heck my grandchild calls her the other girls name . This girl is so laid back and understanding about it . Yesterday was a hard day . Randomly the ex text me . Shared with me about the new boy in her life . Her parents have no idea . She is going to tell them about him soon . So I am over here trying to be all happy ! Am I so selfish that I can't just move on . They are ! Finding a new normal is hard . Heck in my mind she was the fit . She was the next and last girl to marry into our family. Holidays are the hardest . Here's to a different kind of Christmas.

:hugs
Just because they're not together anymore doesn't mean that she still can't be around as a friend?

So sad! And they moved on so quickly
1f61e.png
And he brought her home already oh my god nice or not I wouldn't be able to handle it so soon , it sucks for us especially not having them around during the holidays it's been three years for me and I'm still sad about it

Back
Top Bottom