Daughter broke up with boyfriend and I'm the one depressed!

connie1966 your son was probably unhappy for quite sometime with the old girlfriend, so him moving on was not an issue. They were not meant to be. They both grew up and now have found better fits for them both. Be happy about that. Send a Christmas card and move on. This new girl might become your daughter in law and if she feels you are always comparing her to the old girlfriend you will never develop the loving relationship with her that you should.

Little fuzzy ..sure he was unhappy for a long time . You are correct I have to move on . I am working on that . I will never let my son know how much I truly hurt . I just posted here to connect with others that have been down this road . Having someone in your life for 7 years and poof they are gone is hard . However I will never be so hard hearted that I would hurt my relationship with my son /future daughter in law . ( who ever that may be :0) .... it's a new normal ! Btw I did send that Christmas card . Moving on is baby steps .

Little fuzzy ..sure he was unhappy for a long time . You are correct I have to move on . I am working on that . I will never let my son know how much I truly hurt . I just posted here to connect with others that have been down this road . Having someone in your life for 7 years and poof they are gone is hard . However I will never be so hard hearted that I would hurt my relationship with my son /future daughter in law . ( who ever that may be :0) .... it's a new normal ! Btw I did send that Christmas card . Moving on is baby steps .

That's good :hugs

Back
Top Bottom