Day 22 - no pips. Water candle?

If they are still rocking you can try to help them hatch. But also they an go till day 25. If they re rocking leave them till 25, if not you can try to help them hatch.
should I try and help the one that's not moving? At this point, it's either dead or needs assistance so maybe it's worth nicking into that air cell?

should I try and help the one that's not moving? At this point, it's either dead or needs assistance so maybe it's worth nicking into that air cell?
Yeah maybe. Is it day 23 at this point? Belive it or not if You go on YouTube and pull up chick cheering noises and play it really loud next to the bator it could make them work harder. I've had 2 eggs hat didn't start rocking until I did that.

OK, I opened the still egg. It was gone. :( I examined the chick, poor thing. She was positioned wrong, and the yolk was absorbed, but her navel was malformed and things were out side that should have been in. She wouldn't have made it even if she did hatch, I don't think. The other is still moving a bit. I'll keep an eye on it!

So so sorry about that poor chick. Glad you've got one going!! Don't forget to keep that humidity up and try to play some peeping noises. I have a batch in the bator right now that turned day 21 about an hour ago!! I did a little expperent. Lights off- me silent. No movement. Lights on- me silent. No movement. Lights on-me talking to it- ROCK AND ROLL!!! It's interesting. Make sure your talking to your unborn chick!! Very good for brain stimulation and so it will recognize your voice once it hatches. And could wngourage to to start pipping!!

So so sorry about that poor chick. Glad you've got one going!! Don't forget to keep that humidity up and try to play some peeping noises. I have a batch in the bator right now that turned day 21 about an hour ago!! I did a little expperent. Lights off- me silent. No movement. Lights on- me silent. No movement. Lights on-me talking to it- ROCK AND ROLL!!! It's interesting. Make sure your talking to your unborn chick!! Very good for brain stimulation and so it will recognize your voice once it hatches. And could wngourage to to start pipping!!

I have been! I also took the one splayed leg chick that was sorta getting trampled by that others, and put her back in the incubator to keep the egg company. She's huddled next to it rollin git around. I hope it will give it the encouragement it needs to come out and meet it's sisters!

Uch. No luck. Came home and checked it and he was gone.
hit.gif
I'm super bummed. I really was hoping for that little bantam! He was also mal positioned and looks like he might've tried to pip and gotten a blood vessel. There was a little black medallion of blood in the bottom of the egg.

But I learned something from both of these: they both were moving oddly when I candled them on their due date. They looked like they were "panting"where the beak should have pipped internally. Does that make sense? if that's a thing. I think that was a sign of distress. Next time, if I see that sort of movement, I might interfere sooner in hopes of getting the chick out alive.

I buried him in the garden under the lillies. I'm super bummed.( But not so bummed that I won't call the feed store for another dozen eggs since we only got 5 out of this clutch...........
big_smile.png
)

Uch. No luck. Came home and checked it and he was gone.:hit I'm super bummed. I really was hoping for that little bantam! He was also mal positioned and looks like he might've tried to pip and gotten a blood vessel. There was a little black medallion of blood in the bottom of the egg. 

But I learned something from both of these: they both were moving oddly when I candled them on their due date. They looked like they were "panting"where the beak should have pipped internally. Does that make sense? if that's a thing. I think that was a sign of distress. Next time, if I see that sort of movement, I might interfere sooner in hopes of getting the chick out alive. 

I buried him in the garden under the lillies. I'm super bummed.( But not so bummed that I won't call the feed store for another dozen eggs since we only got 5 out of this clutch........... :D )
Oh I'm so dos sorry to hear that!!!! What kind of incubator do you have? Just know you did everything in your power. Try not to look at it 2 didn't make it, but to like at it, 5 did!!!! I hope I was a help. I honestly feel like I didn't do anything for you. Please let me know how your next hatch goes!!!
Give your chicks a hug for me
2764.png

I think you are not supposed to Candle the eggs on due date.Last candling should be done on or before 17th day.Moving the eggs after 18th day make the chicks unable to position properly.

Oh I'm so dos sorry to hear that!!!! What kind of incubator do you have? Just know you did everything in your power. Try not to look at it 2 didn't make it, but to like at it, 5 did!!!! I hope I was a help. I honestly feel like I didn't do anything for you. Please let me know how your next hatch goes!!!
Give your chicks a hug for me
2764.png

Aw, you're sweet! It helped enormously just having someone to talk thru it with. When you're doing something unfamiliar it's nerve wracking to encounter an issue and not have anyone to talk about it with. So thanks for the support.

I do have five ADORABLE little peepers, and I'm kind making baby books for them right now! haha!

Back
Top Bottom