De-worming and Wazine Concern

Pics
After returning from an extended vacation I have discovered that my daughter has been treating the 5 chickens for 30 days with the Wazine water treatment. What is the possible problems of over treating? No one has died yet. All are eating. Their feathers have returned. For how long do we continue to discard the eggs? Longer than the 2 weeks since they are overtreated? Do I still need to do the follow-up treatment? Does anyone have any other advice-No, don't refer me to the man at the feed store.

After you worm your hens , how long do you have to wait until the eggs are good to
eat again?.....thank you

After returning from an extended vacation I have discovered that my daughter has been treating the 5 chickens for 30 days with the Wazine water treatment. What is the possible problems of over treating? No one has died yet. All are eating. Their feathers have returned. For how long do we continue to discard the eggs? Longer than the 2 weeks since they are overtreated? Do I still need to do the follow-up treatment? Does anyone have any other advice-No, don't refer me to the man at the feed store.
Dont do any follow up treatment. Watch for blood in feces. Wait 14 days after last treatment before you eat the eggs.

I have a duck that stopped walking 4 days ago. Otherwise, it seems fine - google has produced alot of chatter that this is likely gut roundworm. I have treated for 24 hours with the recommended dose of wyzine - any idea when the duck will be fully recovered?

Just reading this thread while researching about possible worming for a lethargic 11 week old cochin ......... is she too young to treat with Wazine? I also just ordered Valbazen from the internet also but figured I can buy the Wazine on my way home from work today to treat her then use the Valbazen in 10 days. But I haven't seen anyone post anything about treating a chicken of this age? She's acting like she got the blues ...... not hanging out with the others ....... but she loved having cornbread this morning.

I have been reading this post and even tho' it is a little old - but very valid- I hope someone will respond. I wormed my chickens 2 1/2 months ago with cattle strength Ivermectin (drops onto the skin) as one of my girls had quite an infestations. FYI, if you find you have a chook that has ongoing crop issues as I did (sour crop that just won't go away) chances are it is worms that are the cause. She is just fine now. Anyway, I discovered that 2 of my other girls are still wormy. I only found out about the follow up worming that should be done 2 weeks later now. So my question is, can I worm them all again with the ivermectin now - 2 1/2 months after the last worming - and do a follow up or is it going to be too hard on their system? It is winter now. Thanks.

I have been reading this post and even tho' it is a little old - but very valid- I hope someone will respond. I wormed my chickens 2 1/2 months ago with cattle strength Ivermectin (drops onto the skin) as one of my girls had quite an infestations. FYI, if you find you have a chook that has ongoing crop issues as I did (sour crop that just won't go away) chances are it is worms that are the cause. She is just fine now. Anyway, I discovered that 2 of my other girls are still wormy. I only found out about the follow up worming that should be done 2 weeks later now. So my question is, can I worm them all again with the ivermectin now - 2 1/2 months after the last worming - and do a follow up or is it going to be too hard on their system? It is winter now. Thanks.
More proof that ivermectin pour on is losing its effectiveness as an off label wormer for chickens. I recommend that you treat your birds with valbazen cattle/sheep wormer or safeguard liquid goat wormer.

Back
Top Bottom