De-worming chickens.

Hi Every one,
Okay so i was just wondering how long you need to worm your chickens for exactly. See i'm using Skye's Big L Pig and Poultry wormer which is all good (since all you need to do is add it to their water and watch as it does its magic) However I can't remember whether they have it for a single day or a solid week. So if anyone could help me out that would be most appreciated, :)

(I'm sorry for barging in on TheBigWRanch's post, but i can't figure out how to create my own, so again super sorry)

Here's link that might help:
http://www.equinesolutionsonline.com.au/poultry-pigs-goats/85-big-l-wormer-fowl-pig-500ml.html

Has anyone ever heard of or use Quest Plus(which is for horses and is in gel form) in the chickens water for worms and such? I was told by a fellow chickener that he uses this......???

DE is not a worm preventative nor a wormer (as you can attest.) Cayenne pepper might help in prevention, but not with an infestation as I suspect you have. If you're going to use wazine, worm all your chickens at once, then follow up 10 days later with valbazen or safeguard. I prefer to use valbazen, it kills all known worms that chickens can get, including tapeworms. ETA: your dog will be fine.
so, you just give was one once and then 10 days later follow up with the safeguard?

i feel horrible saying this and i know you have all re-posted this 100's of times but its confusing to follow and you might have a different recommendation for me, so here goes.

first eggs production has all but stopped, hens are looking a little thin. so i think i have a parasite issue what would you recommend and trust me its not because of the change of the season. but i have not seen any warms in stools, but i never saw any in my dogs when they had warms either?

30 hens 3 ros RIR all but 10 are 1 yr old the other 10 are 2yr

thanks every one

Take a stool sample to a vet for a fecal float test, then... based on recommendations, you can choose a medication or look at some natural approaches. I'd first look at using a product like Basic H soap before resorting to some of the medications.

First time chicken owner here, and I have heard there are no dumb questions, so.....

If I have wormed my chickens and the lay off period for eggs is 14 days for human consumption.....can I feed those eggs (scambled or hard boiled) to the same chickens that have just had the wormer? If anyone has been asked or answered this question, I have not seen it.

First time chicken owner here, and I have heard there are no dumb questions, so.....

If I have wormed my chickens and the lay off period for eggs is 14 days for human consumption.....can I feed those eggs (scambled or hard boiled) to the same chickens that have just had the wormer? If anyone has been asked or answered this question, I have not seen it.

After posting this, I decided there are no wrong answers, just wrong questions. Had I asked, So how many of you eat the eggs after worming?, I would have discovered the answer to my question without asking! Thank you again BYC for answering the questions before I know I need to ask them! Good job to all the posters, and, keep it up!

i feed them to my dogs, because the amount of meds given to the hens is way low and the fact that even less of the meds would be in the eggs. so i would think it should be be safe for bigger animals like dogs

just what i think

Back
Top Bottom