December hatch-along

oh
Unfortunately, my little singleton chick didn't make it. It had pipped and was peeping before bed but in the morning, I found that it had passed :( It was a little blue silkie. Hopefully, I'll have better luck with the New years hatch.

Aw that's sad news. Hopefully you'll get more to lockdown next time so that all hopes aren't riding on one egg.

oh
Aw that's sad news. Hopefully you'll get more to lockdown next time so that all hopes aren't riding on one egg.

Thank you. There were at least 8 developing the last time I looked. I'm trying to restrain myself. I'm anxious for more babies. The last group are 5-8 weeks old and out of the house. I need peeping in here!

My first quail just hatched
woot.gif

Unfortunately, my little singleton chick didn't make it. It had pipped and was peeping before bed but in the morning, I found that it had passed
sad.png
It was a little blue silkie. Hopefully, I'll have better luck with the New years hatch.
So sorry to hear that.
sad.png
Poor little chickie. 11 of my 12 Cochin eggs are undeveloped, so I am putting only one in lockdown, but I don't see any movement. Better luck to us with the next hatches.

Im going into lock down tonight as well with 12 silkie eggs

Good luck @sonjab314 !!
I was reading on the "hatching eggs 101" thread that it's thought the eggs communicate to each other so I locked them down touching. Is that the don't thing?

Also made sure the biggest part of the air sack is up.

Does everyone reduce the temperature a bit a lock down? Or stick to 99.5?

Good luck @sonjab314 !!
I was reading on the "hatching eggs 101" thread that it's thought the eggs communicate to each other so I locked them down touching. Is that the don't thing?

Also made sure the biggest part of the air sack is up.

Does everyone reduce the temperature a bit a lock down? Or stick to 99.5?

I don't change my temps at all, not sure if others do. Air cell up, eggs touching each other, you got it right :)

Back
Top Bottom