December hatch along

Pics
The last 2 didn't get any further. The 22 who made it out are doing great! A couple of favorites so far, a little pullet I want to call Penguin, and a little cockerel (the first out) who already shows the demeanor of his dad. It's in his... calm reserve and general nonchalance. Not even proud that he was first out. Haha

So the final tally was 34 eggs set, 3 duds pulled on day 7, all moving at day 14 and 18. 31 eggs into lockdown, 21 healthy chicks without a hatch assist, 1 normal chick with assist. Of the 9 remaining, 5 had pipped. 1 at the wrong end, 2 got halfway zipped, 2 did just one starter hole. The last 4, 3 did not absorb so quit before then, 1 had an internal pip straight into a major blood vein.

90.3% Fertility
70.9% Hatch

We'll see what changes might happen next week when I stand them in egg cartons for the hatch.

ALL hybrids hatched, Marans were down 5 and the Bresse 4.

Day 20 here and we have two "early birds". A few more in one incubator have pips and the other incubator doesn't seem to have any pips yet. Excitement!

Attachments

• IMG_5506.JPG
    IMG_5506.JPG
    449.7 KB · Views: 6
The last 2 didn't get any further. The 22 who made it out are doing great! A couple of favorites so far, a little pullet I want to call Penguin, and a little cockerel (the first out) who already shows the demeanor of his dad. It's in his... calm reserve and general nonchalance. Not even proud that he was first out. Haha

So the final tally was 34 eggs set, 3 duds pulled on day 7, all moving at day 14 and 18. 31 eggs into lockdown, 21 healthy chicks without a hatch assist, 1 normal chick with assist. Of the 9 remaining, 5 had pipped. 1 at the wrong end, 2 got halfway zipped, 2 did just one starter hole. The last 4, 3 did not absorb so quit before then, 1 had an internal pip straight into a major blood vein.

90.3% Fertility
70.9% Hatch

We'll see what changes might happen next week when I stand them in egg cartons for the hatch.

ALL hybrids hatched, Marans were down 5 and the Bresse 4.
Congrats

Back
Top Bottom