Delawares from kathyinmo

I may be looking for Delaware’s also please let me know if you find some.
Thanks
Check out the United Delaware Poultry Club’s Facebook page. There are now several lines of Delawares that have been worked on for long enough that the breed is generally improving. Different breeders focusing on different goals. So it’s possible to get a head start on one’s own goals.

Here are a couple of the current Oregon Delaware cockerels (Kathy’s Line birds) from my flock.
A2CCC6AF-E8F9-430B-B7E3-7E55723F1051.jpeg

Check out the United Delaware Poultry Club’s Facebook page. There are now several lines of Delawares that have been worked on for long enough that the breed is generally improving. Different breeders focusing on different goals. So it’s possible to get a head start on one’s own goals.

Here are a couple of the current Oregon Delaware cockerels (Kathy’s Line birds) from my flock. View attachment 1240799
Good looking fellows!

size is good but coloring/pattern is not. Too much black across their backs. I could be wrong. I've had the pictures from the SOP on my wall since I started with Delaware. Delaware take a lot of work which is why many give up on them. You have to hatch hundreds of chicks and grow them out. Takes time, money and patience.
28420_1968_-_dealaware_male_241x295.jpg

The color on our pullets is pretty good, the color on the cockerels needs more work. Regardless of color faults, people have been doing pretty well at shows with this line. They’re nice solid birds and judges seem to appreciate seeing Delawares with decent type.

Anyone still active on this thread? I’ve ordered 25 chicks from Dawnridge Farm, who is getting 3.5lb dressed weight at 12-13 weeks. I’m looking for another utility line of Delaware to include in my beginning breeding pens.

It seems so many people leave the Delaware line, and all I find are fairly slow-growing birds. I’d really like to find a couple of lines to start my program with. Let me know if anyone has any leads! (I am in TX.)

Here are a couple of the current Oregon Delaware cockerels (Kathy’s Line birds) from my flock. View attachment 1240799
These are beautiful Delaware. I have some in the past and they aren't this good.

I would also like to know if anyone has descendants of Kathy's Delawares or if she has some still. I'm looking for good quality Delawares for utility purposes - good rate of growth for meat and a healthy bird that lays eggs often enough that I can keep them going for generations.

Back
Top Bottom